Last 30 lbs. Feels like 300.

Options
Hi! I'm 25.. recently lost 110 lbs - exercising, changing my eating patterns, etc. However, I cannot seem to lose another OUNCE. Seriously. I've tried everything! It's literally driving me insane. I need some tips and/or Xanax to get me through this :) I'm not sure how this works, but I've been reading through the posts and it seems fun! :)

I'm 5'8, 169 (previously 280).

Bri

Replies

• DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    Wow you look great! Confradulations the weight loss. Maybe your body is taking a little rest for now.
  • thisisjulz
    Options
    It might be your body telling you that it is ok to be the weight you are at.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You should eat your calories from exersise back! on days i know i'm going to the gym, i log my exersie in the morning , then have bigger meals those days!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I can't see your food diary, but sometimes when you get close to your goal weight, you need to start eating back more exercise calories. I just wrote a blog explaining it all, its linked in my signature.
  • JeanineX3
    Options
    Congratulations on the big weight loss! You look amazing. What I have found is that our bodies love the "status quo", and will adjust to anything you do continuously. So you need to change your workout routine and "confuse" your body into further weight loss. Our female bodies seemed to be designed to hold on to weight because we are the childbearers. So change things up and do a new activity. Just my two cents....Good luck!
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    wow what an amazing result.

have you tried working out more ??
  • allanaaron
    allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    After losing so much weight your body is telling you a number of things. Body, "Please you;ve put me through a lot, it strains me in ways you don;t understand. Can we try maintaining for a while? Can we reevaluate our goals and sloooooow down. Can we get tested and find out what weight we really should be?" the only way to get tested properly is to find a place where they submerge you in a tank of water and weigh you under water. I know it sounds insane but this way they can differentiate between fat and muscle and bone. It is also the only way to get the real number. Most people will assure you their way is the best and they will believe that but nothing matches that technique. it's been awhile since I took the test and these places are hard to find but good luck on that. Google, Hydrostatic Underwater Weighing. FYI, the BMI indexes can only be estimates and the charts are criminal. Also some of your flab could be loose skin. being young it might tighten up over time. But talking as someone who lost 120 lbs and then gained back 75 (losing again now) don;t rush the end to perfect weight. Learn to live with who you are and then your body will readjust and be ready (mentally and physically) to lose again. Also the info on mixing it up, is dead on. Please be good to yourself, rejoice in your weight loss and give your body a rest and MAINTAIN for a while.
  • RN_Brit
    RN_Brit Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks, all. Working out more just tires me out and I stick to a running schedule that I try not to vary from because it takes a toll on my body (the running, that is). So, I'm not sure. Maybe I will try doing more strength/weights and see if that changes anything. It's frustrating eating 1340 calories a day and not losing anything. I need to stay motivated!
  • RN_Brit
    RN_Brit Posts: 3
    Options
    Yeah, thanks Female Body...I appreciate it! lol I think you're right. I've been itching to try boxing, so maybe taking a small break from running wouldn't kill me! Thanks :)