Carbonated flavored water vs plain water?

Options
I've newly become addicted to carbonated flavored water. (0 calories, 0 sodium, 0 sugar). I was just wondering, is it as good for you as plain water?

Replies

• denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I would like to know the answer to this question as well :-)
  • josephjbarrett3
    Options
    Carbonation of any sort will expand your stomach. When we limit our food intake our stomachs shrink. This makes it easier for us to feel fuller with less food eaten. If we drink anything with carbonation we are kind of defeating our purpose. Hope this helps.
  • galgon
    galgon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering this myself... i guess it depends on the additives that give it the flavor...?
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Carbonation of any sort will expand your stomach. When we limit our food intake our stomachs shrink. This makes it easier for us to feel fuller with less food eaten. If we drink anything with carbonation we are kind of defeating our purpose. Hope this helps.

REALLY?! This does help! I was getting hooked on them as well!
  • johnnyfit00
    Options
    As far as hydration, etc. it is fine for you. There is some evidence that carbonation can leach bones of calcium, so just be sure to take a mutil-vitamin and calcium supplement.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I love it personally... so I'll actually pour some out and shake the bottles and let it go flat (the way sodas do) then drink it like that cause the carbonation sometimes upsets my stomach.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I love it personally... so I'll actually pour some out and shake the bottles and let it go flat (the way sodas do) then drink it like that cause the carbonation sometimes upsets my stomach.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    It's flavored water with CO2 added. I love the stuff myself. I don't feel bloated and it helped get me off diet soda. My husband has now kegged water and hooked it up to the CO2 tank for me in the bar. :) I don't drink a ton of it.

I've never felt less hungry or anything by it.
  • josephjbarrett3
    Options
    yeah...I had Gastric bypass 7 years ago and I was told that the number one thing to never never do again was to drink pop or anything else carbonated. I didn't listen for long. Even though I am still 160 down from my heaviest I am still not where I could be yet. Yet.
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I will admit i prefer plain water anyway.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I actually just found a water enhancer with no calories, sugar, carbs, anything. It's called MiO, and they use sucralose as the sweetener. It's liquid and you add as many squirts to your water as you want (I usually use 3-4 squirts for 24 oz of water). It's not overly sweet either. I love plain water but sometimes get bored, so this a great option.