100 Calorie packs

Options
2»

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I bought some and they are still sitting in the pantry a month later.turns out im not much of a snacker
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't think that they are healthy but I do get them every once in a while. I use them for my chocolate fix. Its better than getting a regular candy bar. Plus, they fit into my cals for the day. Besides, who eats all healthy food all the time. You have to let yourself have a little fun : )

I couldn't agree more :)
  • iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    oh my God i can't stop laughing at this!!
  • harmonydubois
    Options
    Luna Bars are great, filling and helps the sweet tooth cravings. I like 100 cal packs, Oreos, Chips Ahoy, Choc Pretzels, and Lorna Doone...However, the good thing about having them around is that I don't want them all the time...the bad thing, when I do want them, the kids have already eaten them up...smh
  • rshudson87
    rshudson87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat them as a side item sometime to something else. I'm not a sweets person- so I'm talking the ritz cracker ones or the cheez itz. My portion control with cheez itz is severely distorted. They aren't bad in a pinch, but if you rely on them, then it's definitely a problem.
  • harmonydubois
    Options
    I'm like that with Cheez it crackers as well, so I don't buy them lol
  • Kellg03
    Kellg03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I totally agree....just count them and put in baggies or containers. So much cheaper.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If you want 100 calories of sugar - just skip the step and take a table spoon of brown sugar in your mouth. There are plenty of convenient to-go things that have about 100 calories.

apple
    pear
    huge salad in a bag
    1 scoop of whey protein in a shaker
    banana
    1oz cheese
    tons and tons of other real-food.

The problem with the 100 calorie packs is they set our taste buds going. I can't tell you how many times I bought a box of 6 packs and the first moment of weakness - devoured them all. If you keep that crap out of your house, you can't crash and eat them all. It's simple that way.
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    I do both. If I have the time, such as after my usual grocery shopping, I make my own bags of certian things like cheese crackers. Sometimes I crave salt since I rarely ever use it, so a cracker is perfect. But for a chocolate fix and staying under your calories goal, I think these are perfect! (Granted, we do have a couple boxes of a the crackers or cookies because it's a great "treat" for kids!)

It took a little bit to get used to not satisfying but if you change they way you think about food, gradually, it will be enough of a snack.