Jillian Michaels 30 Day Challenge

Options
Is anyone interested in doing a 30 day challenge with me? I'm going to try and do the 30 Day Shred DVD every day for 30 days and I don't want to suffer alone!!!

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have literally just finished Day 1 level 1 and she just totally kicked my butt!!

start today and ill do it with you,,, add me xxx
  • autumn_lea85
    Options
    I woke up with the touch of the stomach flu this morning but I did it anways. It was tough but I was expecting it to be a lot worse. When are you going to try level 2? I'm thinking maybe next week??
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just finished a few minutes ago. Just bought the dvd today.......man, that's tough lol! How do you enter that into your exercise diary?
  • claudiandw
    Options
    Oooops, I'm in for the challenge. :)
  • tinalina81
    Options
    I started my level 2 today ( 2 days earlier than the recommended 10 days for each level) and I gotta say, I am was whopped.
    I normally log it under circuit training and according to the data base for 20 minutes it gives me 185 calories burned.
    Have fun and I am glad you started it, it does work!:flowerforyou:
  • claudiandw
    Options
    normally log it under circuit training and according to the data base for 20 minutes it gives me 185 calories burned.

Thank you Tina and good luck to you!!! :smile:
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    not quite in ... i did it yesterday and today my arms hurt too much (from the pushups in level 1) to do it again so i walked for an hour and a half. but i'm hoping i can do it tomorrow, no matter how i feel i'm going to try! it's really tough for me though, i'm pretty darn out of shape.
  • autumn_lea85
    Options
    Was everyone as sore as I was today? I'm hurting in places I didn't know I had muscles!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi, Can I join you too? I started last week, Just on level 1 using 1.5KG weights. (first 4 days I didnt use weights). Im doing it 5 days per week as 2 days I go to Moky dance class (Like zumba).

I was tired throughout the first week but not too stiff. Defo keep it up.x
  • autumn_lea85
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Has anyone taken measurements? I"m going to take mine today. I have read a few posts and they say to take measurements with 30 Day Shred instead of weighing becuase you are gaining so much muscle with it.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm on Day 4 of Level 1. I seem to be the only one left posting in another 30 day shred thread I'm in. I'm in a second one too....but waaay behind most of that group. This one sounds perfect! :wink:
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    MY ARMS HURT A LOT!!! but its goood :o)

i need to get motivated for tonights session! its gonna kill me with the pain im already in!

How long do you think till you see results?
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    I havent taken measurements but Im going to.

I bet it isnt as bad as you think Randa_Behnam.

Im doing mine of a morning, before work and then its done!

x
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    havent bought the video yet, but plan to soon! Then I will join sound like fun....
  • kely8888
    kely8888 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested, I believe I can get that on demand from cable. If it's not too late let me know what to do to join. Thanks, Kelly
  • AprilTaurus
    Options
    I did level 1 today. I have had this dvd for aout 2 weeks but I haven't been consistent with it. This dvd is so tough to me, when I first did it, I kid you not, I could not stretch out my left arm for 2 days. I am getting better with the push ups so I am happy about that. I also have her banish fat boost metabolism dvd as well. I live on the 3rd floor so its hard to do this without making too much noise. I try to do it when my neighbors are at work since my work schedule is different from theirs.

I can suffer with you! I want to get healthier and look better in my clothes!
  • autumn_lea85
    Options
    Welcome newbies! The more the merrier! So far I haven't been sore in my arms but my quads and *kitten* are killing me. Right now I'm using 3 pound weights. I'm thinking about bumping it to 5 lbs but I'm worried how much legs will react since their killing me with 3 lbs. Maybe I will alternate weights depending on the excerise. How much weight is everyone else using? I read online that you should see results within 5 days of doing video, assuming you are watching what you eat. Jillian is a big advocate of clean eating. If you don't know what that is google it, it's very interesting. I hope I can gather enough willpower to incorporate clean eating soon.
  • autumn_lea85
    Options
    I don't have on demad so i'm not sure about that. I got mine at target for 9 and I know you can get it on amazon as well. Just do the video once a day for 30 days working from level one to level three and post here as you like. It's mainly about supporting ad motivating each other!.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3 pound weights right now. Debating going up to 5lbs. I'm the opposite, I'm sore in the arms, legs burn for a while after workout, but don't get sore. Well....only when going down stairs are they a bit sore....lol!

The move where you lunge to the side and bring your arms up to eye level kills me! That move is the only reason why I have not gone up to 5lbs. I have thought about maybe just using the 3 pound ones during that one particular exercise.
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Morning

Hows it going? I enjoyed it yesterday and Im not sore today. I cant do it today though but will walk dogs and be back on track tomorrow.

I still havent done measurements! I think I should but need a tape measure. My weight hasnt moved in a couple of weeks, at least it isnt going up!

x