Drama in the gym Parking Lot!!!

Options
So my mother and I get up before dawn and drag our butts to 24hour fitness...still groggy but happy about our decision to be healthy and support each other....
We pull up to the front of the gym and wait patiently as a car backs out so we can take the spot.......car drives off and we proceed to pull in from the left.....ALL OF A SUDDEN....some chick FLIES from nowhere and takes the spot!!!!!!! errrhhhh! (Im PISSED! Its too early for this garbage!)
I roll my window down and wait for this lady to get out of her car. In the calmist voice I can muster up I say "excuse me, I WAS waiting on and pulling into that spot you just took"......the ladies response......." ITS A GYM, YOUR HERE TO EXCERCISE ARENT YOU?!!!"
(Im seeing pure RED at this point....what!! NO she didnt....Im bout to get a workout on your face you......$^#$)
And what falls out my mouth...............God Bless you.....Have a nice day!........
Lady "WHAT!!! (screaming, then realizing what I said) Screams back GOD BLESS YOU TOO!

Me: driving away to find a parking spot, what just happened? that was not what I wanted to say at all......................the most humbling experience I think Ive ever had in my life (brought me to tears, but not sure what kind of tears cause Im still a little pissed and alot confused.)

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Rude, to say the least. You handled it a lot better than I. I have a bad habit of speaking before I can think enough to censor myself.

I'm glad you let it go.

"......the ladies response......." ITS A GYM, YOUR HERE TO EXCERCISE ARENT YOU?!!!" Gotta say, though, witty response.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

"......the ladies response......." ITS A GYM, YOUR HERE TO EXCERCISE ARENT YOU?!!!" Gotta say, though, witty response.

Ummm, yea, but so was she?
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I still have a lil youthful ignorance in me, though I am a Saved Christian... you did the right thing... I can only hope that I would've handled it as well as you.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    sometimes God works in ways we don't understand.. I have been in similar situations and have had said close to the same thing and was thinking something totally different. Just know that your day will be better now. Jail would have sucked! :) Have a great day and GOD bless!
  • jstud76
    jstud76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would have loved to have seen her face!! Those "kind" of people really irk me! Although, walking is good for you! I have always wondered why the parking spots by the door at the gym are so full, when EVRERYONE in there is coming to get more exercise? I just don't get it! Maybe you have turned over a new "leaf" with that statement?!? I enjoy suprising people with comments they don't expect in moments like that, kind makes my day to see the deer in the headlights loook they tend to give you? ;0) Hope the rest of your day goes weel, and keep up the workouts!!
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Rude, to say the least. You handled it a lot better than I. I have a bad habit of speaking before I can think enough to censor myself.

I'm glad you let it go.

I usually speak before I think as well, thats why I was shocked by my own response! I think I got a slight headache trying to look down at my lips to see if they were really mine or not!
    As I was a little impressed with her response, because yes i am at the gym to work out but so was her fat *kitten*!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    you are the better person for the way you handled it. gyms are always drama.
  • mrscjwilson
    Options

Ummm, yea, but so was she?
    My thoughts exactly!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Good job! You totally threw her (and you) off! Now she is going to feel guilty all day. You are better than me. I probably would have said other things! Good on ya! Way to be the bigger person (even if that is not exactly what you intended)!!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    HaHa God Bless You!! I am a Saved Christian and not very confrontational but I would have just let it go then wrote a not so nice note and stuck it in her window or ran to every machine she wanted or put a nail under her tire! LOL slightly immature and vindictive but I'm saved,not perfect.lol
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    When we realized we have grown or have changed in someway that is significant in our life it hits us in the core of our being. Thats what the tears are for.

As for the lady it is what it is. She probably didn't see you sitting there waiting. Her response was rude. An "oh I didn't see you, sorry" would've been best but yanno some people are just harsh by nature.

I was in a convience store last night and the worker knocked over some candy while she was doing inventory. She saw it and I did to. I started picking it up to help her out. Do you think she said thank you...nope. The chic kept it moving. My 10 year old said mom if I was you I would knock it down again. *teaching moment* I'm not going to get into all that I talk to him about but you understand where I'm coming from. Sometimes the responses we should get from others just have to be self given.
  • blessedfamily
    Options
    God is great isn't he :) I don't think before I speak either and have been told I do not have a filter lol..you were the bigger person and that is great.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    When we realized we have grown or have changed in someway that is significant in our life it hits us in the core of our being. Thats what the tears are for.

YESSS!!!!

HaHa God Bless You!! I am a Saved Christian and not very confrontational but I would have just let it go then wrote a not so nice note and stuck it in her window or ran to every machine she wanted or put a nail under her tire! LOL slightly immature and vindictive but I'm saved,not perfect.lol

Are you my twin??? haaaa
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options

I'm glad you let it go.

I usually speak before I think as well, thats why I was shocked by my own response! I think I got a slight headache trying to look down at my lips to see if they were really mine or not!
    As I was a little impressed with her response, because yes i am at the gym to work out but so was her fat *kitten*!

Wow is all I have to say! You are a blessed individual to put up with that. You did a great thing - when you look at it later (even now) you truly was the better person to have handled the situation so well. I hope I can handle a situation like that if ever happens to me.
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    LOL! Hilarious!! LMchristianBO @ "ran to every machine she wanted"
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Your response was a testimony to your mom that she raised you well. Your mom won't forget it.
  • AprilTaurus
    Options
    You handled that very well.
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Your response was a testimony to your mom that she raised you well. Your mom won't forget it.
    My mom was like "I cant believe you handle it that way" she was sooooo upset! and the funny thing is once we got in the gym we never saw the lady at all!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    You handled that well!!jane:flowerforyou:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    On the flip side. I bet you got a good mad workout this morning. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Heck if your still upset the next time you pull into the gym she might have helped you along with your workout. :wink:

I hope it shows on the scale this week.