Breakfast Help!

Options
agoessli
agoessli Posts: 81 Member
I need some breakfast idea please. I used to just have a glass of orange juice because I am not too hungry when I first wake up but then I am hungry by like 10 a.m. I need something that I can have ready to just grab. Quick and easy and preferably inexpensive. Thanks in advance for all of your ideas!

Replies

• rmoyer243
    rmoyer243 Posts: 23
    Options
    instant oatmeal. one packet is only 130 calories and it stays with you plus you can add fresh fruit to it also.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I like to have low fat nutrigain waffles (2 are 140 calories) with a little bit of almond butter. It's fast, easy and pretty inexpensive. Almond butter can be pricey, so you can always use a natural peanut butter. I also either have green tea or a homemade smoothie. I tend to make the smoothie the night before so I can grab it from the fridge. Or else you could always have a box of instant quaker oats oatmeal in your desk! That's my "backup" breakfast.
  • ladychi306
    ladychi306 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a bowl of instant oatmeal with 1/2 milk and 1 tbsp sugar and two pieces of wheat toast with a little butter and a bottle of water. Does the trick for me.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I like corn flaked with almond milk and a banana. about 200 calories and keeps your stomach happy!
  • allen83
    allen83 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'll second oatmeal, if you get the plain stuff it's only 100 calories per packet, or you can go with the bulk stuff which is 150 cals for half a cup. I pretty much ate 1 cup of oatmeal for breakfast and dinner for 3 months and never felt hungry afterwards.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love a smoothie with frozen fruit, protein powder, and soy or almond milk. I usually add instant coffee powder and cocoa to make it seriously mocha. Quick to whiz up in my bullet blender and portable in the travel mugs that came with it. Keeps me going from 7ish when I drink it it 10ish when I'm ready for some oatmeal.

My husband like Kashi bars with a banana or frozen Jimmy Dean D-Lights sandwiches.
  • Sutton002
    Sutton002 Posts: 24
    Options
    I eat a pkg of oatmeal called oat fit and no added sugar it is 100 cal and I get 5 pkg for $1.00 and I also have a piece of cheese or an egg with it for a total of 170 cal and I am pretty full. You can pre make your hard boiled egg. Another way I do this is I have a Kellogs fiber bar it chocolatly peanutbuter bar and yummy 130 cal. just some extra ideas
  • KatiePanda25
    Options
    You can take a banana and slice it length wise in half..spread about 1tbs of peanut butter on the sides, then put 1/2 a container of boston cream pie yogurt on it, top with granola or grape nuts. From the biggest loser cookbook:)
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    go with regular oatmeal but don't add regular sugar to it. That's horrible for you. Instead add some protein powder ( I like chocolate), fruit, honey, etc. Adding the plain sugar will counter some of the great things oatmeal does for you. I've been eating it now for a month and I really like it. I hated it at first and every bite was horrible but after experimenting with flavors that don't add crap to it I really like it and now its a daily thing. You'll get used to it and it'll leave you full for most of the morning.
  • Kyydd
    Kyydd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too, also use the oat fit oatmeal. I like the Maple and Brown Sugar one and its also only 100 calories. I alternate that with 1/2 cup of egg beaters with diced green pepper, diced onions and a slight amount of fat free diced up ham on weight watchers toast for the western sandwich deal. If I find that doesnt do it I add a 1/2 banana for dessert.
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    I second the oatmeal, I eat the Presidents Choice Multigrain instant, roughly 130cal for a packet and fills you up. If you do not have presidents choice products I am sure any grocery store sells instant multi grain oatmeal. I would not go and add any more bread or grain to your meal if you have oatmeal already though!

I also sometimes will have 1 cup fiber 1 cereal with 1 cup skim milk and half a grapefruit (i cut the grape fruit the night before and out it in a container, then eat it like an orange

1 full boiled egg and 2 egg whites, with 2 pieced of weight watchers multigrain or whole wheat bread, fat free cream cheese and a glass of milk (you can boil the eggs the night before and they are all set!)

Bananas always a great choice for breakfast, as it is one of the highest carb fruits, but earlier in the day you are more likely to burn it off!
  • bigmommy2011
    Options
    oat meal 4 sure thats what I would eat with some fruit.:flowerforyou:
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I usually do half a lender's whole wheat bagel, toasted, with a dollop of Jiff Natural Low Sodium Peanut Butter, and then a little bit of honey for sweetness and added nutrients and minerals :) You can also switch out the honey for sliced banana on top :) Usually one half fills me up with a cup of coffee but you can do both slices :)
  • theunboring
    Options
    I like something I can keep in my locker at work & not have to take time to make, so my usual breakfast is a Zone Bar (tons of flavors but Fudge Graham is my favorite) 210 calories, or a Luna bar (180 calories), or Market Pantry brand protein bar (180 calories). They keep me going for about 2.5 hours. :)
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love the Kashie cereal, it sticks with you and low in calories. Also love the 100 calorie English muffins with laughing cow cheese.