Yikes!

Options
Hello everyone!

I've tried to lose weight before, and i'm familiar with the ups and downs of a diet. I hope this new approach will provide success!

Replies

• astauff5
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I've tried to lose weight before, and i'm familiar with the ups and downs of a diet. I hope this new approach will provide success!
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    best of luck to you! I've never really ever been on a strict diet before - i like to think of it as more of a healthy lifestyle change!:laugh:
    it's really all up to you - i find it just makes me think more about what I'm putting into my body. I don't completely deprive myself of the treats - just watch the portion sizes. i think if i deprived myself completely I'd be more likely to binge on junk!

Welcome to MFP!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP !!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Weight loss is scary sometimes... I think because people think that they have to starve themselves or deprive themselves. But, if you are patient and take your time you will be fine. My doctor said that if you start saying that you can't have anything that is good again is just not the way to go. He said, "calories in, calories out." Still working on the meaning of that. :laugh: I think what he means is that you can have certain things as a treat, just do not go overboard.

Good luck!

Shari