South Beach Diet

Options
Is anyone interested in doing the South Beach starting a week from today? If yes, supporting each other and sharing recipes and ideas would be wonderful!

Replies

• es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    What does that diet entail? One of my friends is doing that and she has lost 70 pounds so far.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    What does that diet entail? One of my friends is doing that and she has lost 70 pounds so far.

http://www.southbeachdiet.com/sbd/publicsite/index.aspx
  • es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    So basically no carbs? That's what I'm getting out of it.
  • tristahenry
    tristahenry Posts: 175
    Options
    I've been doing it, I'm in phase 2 right now. The diet focuses on the difference between good carbs and bad carbs... Not no carb. Phase 1 is no bread... mostly lean meats, cheeses and proteins... last two weeks and is pretty strict. Phase 2 incorporates fruit and whole grain breads. I love the diet because it's loaded with yummy food, lets me snack all day and even eat two "desserts" per day and it balances out blood chemistry (cholesterol, triglygerides, etc). I have loads of energy and don't get migraines anymore. Feel free to add me for support, recipes, etc.
  • skinnyjazz130
    Options
    The South Beach eating plan is more of a lifestyle change, not a diet. If used as a quick fix, you could gain the weight back. It basically re-programs your body and puts you on the right healthy path. I have never done it but heard the first two weeks are the most challenging. But if you plan your meals, it should be doable. I am hoping to lose 4 - 5 lbs in the first phase (2 weeks).
    Sugar and heavy carbs are out for the first two weeks. You can google the plan and get some info about it. Or type South Beach in the search menu and see what other members say about it.