DOUGHNUTS

Options
SOME SWEET LADY FROM MY JOB IS BRINGING DOUGHNUTS FOR THE CO-WORKERS TO ENJOY. I WORK HARD TO RESIST.
THEY ARE FEET FROM MY DESK , I CAN SMELL THEM. BESIDES WILLPOWER ANYONE GOT A SUGESTION ON WHAT TO DO
AND NO CAN'T LEAVE MY DESK.

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Ask if they can set up the donuts elsewhere.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Drink some water!!!!!!!!! Chew some gum!!!!!!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    My office neighbor orders chicken fingers and french fries every single day. I can totally relate to the torture you feel right now lol
    You could always have one, rip it half, rip that in half and eat a quarter.....satisfy the craving but not adding too many calories.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! JUST SAY NO!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Post on your site: "I am NOT going to eat those doughnuts!" :)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts were always a weakness of mine! Unless they are from some amazing bakery that really does high quality stuff, I promise you they won't taste as good as you're thinking they will. I am always disappointed when I try a doughnut now, unless it's from Krispy Kreme.

It's just not worth the calories to eat, empty, unsatisfying food. Stay strong!!! ...and maybe chew gum, brush teeth, drink water, etc... if it helps.
  • ll31tCH
    ll31tCH Posts: 16
    Options
    eat half of one...youll satisfy the craving and still be on track
  • hairspray74
    Options
    don't look at them, but picture them in your mind for .001 second, then think about the burn that you'd have to do to work it back off, NOT NOT NOT worth it!!! I work in a salon where the other girls eat out everyday! you can do this, if you packed something sweet grapes, yogurt, apple something, then eat that instead!!! you can do it!!!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    plug your nose lol

turn your fan on so the smell gets moved past you faster?

ask them to move the donuts

eat an apple
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    spit on them :)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It's just not worth the calories to eat, empty, unsatisfying food. Stay strong!!! ...and maybe chew gum, brush teeth, drink water, etc... if it helps.
    [/quote]

I always tell myself there is a more satisfying/healthier snack to eat that isn't loaded with calories
    Try drinking water...usually helps
    You can do this!!!! Stay strong ;)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    spit on them :)

LOL :laugh:
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What horribly mean co-workers :)
    Just stay focused playing on myfitnesspal lol.
    Just remember, later on today you will think "I am SOOOO happy I didn't eat that."
    That feeling will be awesome!
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes to drinking water. I drink 8 glasses while I sit at work to avoid the snack table that our receptionist keeps stocked with terribly high calorie food items. It works for the most part. Keeps you running to the bathroom instead of the snack table.
  • SHANNONSADVENTURE
    Options
    lots of support and good suggestions thanks
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I second moving them. I mean, it's making you uncomfortable, they should move them.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    "accidently" spill your coffee on them! lol Then no one can have them! ha ha ha Actually, if you HAVE to have one, I agree with the aboves about just having a half or quarter. I bet you may find them greasy & ucky. Good luck, stay strong!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Show some willpower! Temptation is all around you. You cannot expect the rest of the world to alter their life to suit you. Show some grit! At the end of the day, you'll have some pride in your decisions.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Picture her not washing her hands after going to the bathroom before she picked up the donuts.
    Now picture her coughing all over them before she brought them in.
    After that, picture you blood sugar rising to extreme levels and dropping you into an abyss of 3pm funk.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just imagine they have all fallen on the dirty floor outside and the nice lady who brought them just scooped them back in the box for you guys. Who knows? It might be true! Anyways, donuts were not a big favorite of mine until I started working somewhere that brought us donuts regularly. Then, I basically became addicted. But I agree with the people that say unless the donuts come from somewhere amazing (like Krispie Kreme or, if you live where I live, Voodoo donuts!) they aren't worth it.