New to Fitness Pal

Options
I'm in need of some motivating! Would like to lose 20-30 lbs by October. Just had a baby 5 months ago and am struggling to get the extra weight off.

Replies

• jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Welcome!!! You've come to the right place!!

My advise is to get a good circle of friends on here to celebrate the good with you and motivate you through the bad!

Also - remember not to beat yourself up for the occasional bad choice - look at how you're doing as a whole :o)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! there is lots of support on this site and also a lot of help and ideas! I'm sure u will reach your goal by sept/oct!! good luck!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am also trying to lose 30 pounds, slow and steady wins the race they say! Feel free to add me, I will give you support! This is a great place to start on your journey!
  • ladychaos23
    Options
    I also need some motivation, Feel free to add me as well. Having people do this with you is a great help.
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Stay active on the website. It will be your best friend. Also make a few friends while you're on here. I root for others. They root for me. It's not always a walk in the park, but the people on here are active generally will speak with you bluntly but with the best intentions in mind.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Great to have you join us. I have been on here for a couple of weeks and am amazed at the amount of support I have received from total strangers. This is a wonderful place!
    I'll send you a friend request. Accept if you want; ignore if you want.
    All the best to you.
  • Enaz29
    Enaz29 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    I have 3 months baby and this site is really great help to me. I wish you luck and the good results! :flowerforyou:
  • hairspray74
    Options
    welcome, you've come to the right place! I added you, anyone can add me, my sister shellyp3, or my husband rumblybigred, lots of luck!!!
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    welcome to mfp! this is a great site...pretty new as well but been gathering up some great motivating friends and doing so well already! I am going through a similar journey as you. I had my baby 15 months ago and I have just started to lead a healthier lifestyle. I got sick and tired of that baby pouch. My baby is the best thing to ever happen to me. But the pouch left over is unacceptable. I plan to take it off by the beginning of May I'm hoping...for vacation. I need all the help and motivation I can get. feel free to add me if you'd like
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started my program on January 26 and as of this morning I have lost 40 lbs.....if I can do this anyone can!

Three things I do to help myself along in my weight loss.

1) I have reduced my calroies the program tells me by about 300...e.g., myfitnesspal says I should eat 1700 calories a day...I am eating just 1495. The 1495 is based on a calculation I got from an excel spreadsheet I have someone gave me on weight loss.

2) I do not eat my exercise calroies....I exercise four days a week and average 440 calories burned on each of those days however, I still only eat 1495 calories every day.

3) If I cannot locate the exact food item I am eating I will use the one idetified with the highest calorie count e.g., Homemade shrimp jambalaya is not in the database however I was able to find shrimp and sausage jambalaya so I used the Red Lobster version of 590 calories for two cups

Always remember this is a lifestyle change and it takes time....my wife can eat anything and everything all day long and never gain a pound....I can now watch her grab food and eat all day and it does not bother me anymore becasue I know what I need to do.

When I get to my goal weigh and if I start gaining again I can fall back on this program to get me back on track!

Don