Balance of carb and protien burns fat!!

Options
I learned that if you have a serving of carbs with a serving of protien every 2 hours it burns fat fast! So everytime I have a serving of carbs I try to make sure I eat protien too, Here are a few ideas I learned for a fast quick lesson.

Perfect balance
1 cup of cheese chili with beans
1 Oscar Myer Chicken and Turkey lunchable - the mint candy
3 slices of canadian bacon and 1 pkg of oat fit oatmeal
1 slice of ww toast and 1 egg cooked anyway
1 slice of ww bread with turkey and cheese
Nachos (home made) 11 tortillia chips with cheese
1 cup of wheat rice with 4 oz chicken
1 granola bar/ ceral bar with a pice of cheese
6 ritz ceackers with cheese
egg mcmuffin from mcDonalds is perfect balance too

***so when you think of what your going to eat.... think about how many carbs.... 1 slice of bread (or whatever you eat needs to be around the same carb as 1 slice of bread) you need 1 protien ex 1 egg or 1 slice of cheese or 3 slices of canadian bacon,,,etc

***so if you make a sandwich with 2 slices of bread make sure you have 2 protiens either meat and cheese or double meat, =)
but no more than that for 2 hours. You must wait 2 hours for your next meal.

Good Luck!!!

The list goes on and on..... it is less than 250 cal a meal or snack and it melts the fat away! I lost 80 pounds 5 years ago doing this and gained 30 back. I am on my way to get off 80 pounds again. But this helps your body not crave sugar and helps you feel full all day. I add 2 servings of broccoli or a veg higher in fiber with lunch and dinner and for fruit raspberries are high in fiber and low in calories. I add a little bit of cool whip for a treat. Also for another nice 10 cal. sweet tooth moment I enjoy a sugar free jello. When I have extra calories I add a little coolwhip with my jello 25 cal for 2 tbsp.
**** Just some ideas to help ******

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I learned that if you have a serving of carbs with a serving of protien every 2 hours it burns fat fast! So everytime I have a serving of carbs I try to make sure I eat protien too, Here are a few ideas I learned for a fast quick lesson.

Perfect balance
    1 cup of cheese chili with beans
    1 Oscar Myer Chicken and Turkey lunchable - the mint candy
    3 slices of canadian bacon and 1 pkg of oat fit oatmeal
    1 slice of ww toast and 1 egg cooked anyway
    1 slice of ww bread with turkey and cheese
    Nachos (home made) 11 tortillia chips with cheese
    1 cup of wheat rice with 4 oz chicken
    1 granola bar/ ceral bar with a pice of cheese
    6 ritz ceackers with cheese
    egg mcmuffin from mcDonalds is perfect balance too

***so when you think of what your going to eat.... think about how many carbs.... 1 slice of bread (or whatever you eat needs to be around the same carb as 1 slice of bread) you need 1 protien ex 1 egg or 1 slice of cheese or 3 slices of canadian bacon,,,etc

***so if you make a sandwich with 2 slices of bread make sure you have 2 protiens either meat and cheese or double meat, =)
    but no more than that for 2 hours. You must wait 2 hours for your next meal.

Good Luck!!!

The list goes on and on..... it is less than 250 cal a meal or snack and it melts the fat away! I lost 80 pounds 5 years ago doing this and gained 30 back. I am on my way to get off 80 pounds again. But this helps your body not crave sugar and helps you feel full all day. I add 2 servings of broccoli or a veg higher in fiber with lunch and dinner and for fruit raspberries are high in fiber and low in calories. I add a little bit of cool whip for a treat. Also for another nice 10 cal. sweet tooth moment I enjoy a sugar free jello. When I have extra calories I add a little coolwhip with my jello 25 cal for 2 tbsp.
    **** Just some ideas to help ******

While it is a good idea to eat protein with carbs, eating every 2 hours will do nothing for you.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Eating small meals every 2-3 hours definitely does something for you.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    This is sort of like the Micheal Thurmon concept. Sort of what I am doing. Taking that concept and applying it to how I eat. Micheal Thurmon doesnt allow dairy and certain carbs. I, however, am adding dairy and bread. Its working for me : )
  • 4theking
    Options
    Eating small meals every 2-3 hours definitely does something for you.

What exactly?
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    From what they have taught me so far in my nutrition studies, eating frequent small meals can help control appetite and increase the thermogenic effect of food.

Many body builders do this, and I have for quite some time. I would definitely say it has helped me achieve my goals.

Sorry I cant go into much detail xD Im on mfp on my phone. full browser ftw! lol
  • losermomof3
    Options
    Helps you to lose body fat fast is that more frequent meals means that your body will have a constant supply of nutrients. Your body will no longer be force to store extra nutrients and calories in fat. You will also have increased fat burning metabolism throughout the day. Also, you will not lose lean muscle mass. Lean muscle is important because it allows you to look toned but also helps your body burn fat at a faster pace.
  • 4theking
    Options
    From what they have taught me so far in my nutrition studies, eating frequent small meals can help control appetite and increase the thermogenic effect of food.

Many body builders do this, and I have for quite some time. I would definitely say it has helped me achieve my goals.

Sorry I cant go into much detail xD Im on mfp on my phone. full browser ftw! lol

I am all for what works and if eating more frequently helps control your appetite thus resulting in fat loss, than do it.

From a metabolism standpoint, it simply isn't so. The thermogenics are the same if you eat six meals or one. I know I am against the grain here, but that is what the scientific studies say. Bodybuilders eat more frequently for their high protein needs.
  • RZO42488
    RZO42488 Posts: 64
    Options

I am all for what works and if eating more frequently helps control your appetite thus resulting in fat loss, than do it.

From a metabolism standpoint, it simply isn't so. The thermogenics are the same if you eat six meals or one. I know I am against the grain here, but that is what the scientific studies say. Bodybuilders eat more frequently for their high protein needs.

Both are true depending on how often you work out, what your eating in 1-6 meals, your metabolism, and how you want your body to look. Eating every 2-3 hours does not help you lose weight/fat unless your eating extremely small meals. My point is that everyone is different based on how your body reacts to what you put in it and how much and often you work out.
  • losermomof3
    Options
    I used to eat 6 small meals a day the first 6 weeks I was on the 6wbmo. If I decided to workout after a snack (which I didnt do the first 6 weeks and lost 30lbs) then I would add a carb. If I worked out after lunch or dinner then I didnt need to add a carb. I lost almost 100 lbs, but gained it all back and then some. I couldnt take the limited foods and cracked..LOL. Now, I am trying to eat 3 meals and a snack. I really try to have a protein and carb or protein and fruit with every meal. Not sure what the science behind it is but it seems to work for me, not to say that it will or will work for someone else...to each its own. Now, since I have started this and working out 5 days a week I have lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks. Stick with what works, and try something new if it doesnt.
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It is strange to me that people are discussing the frequency with which you should eat and not what the original poster is suggesting should be eaten.

Just about everything listed as a carb/protein combo looked unhealthy. Cold cuts and cheese, nacho chips and cheese sauce, canadian bacon, ritz crackers?!? I would have suspected that some response would be to stay away from such highly processed foods and stick to cleaner carbs and proteins.
  • 4theking
    Options
    It is strange to me that people are discussing the frequency with which you should eat and not what the original poster is suggesting should be eaten.

Just about everything listed as a carb/protein combo looked unhealthy. Cold cuts and cheese, nacho chips and cheese sauce, canadian bacon, ritz crackers?!? I would have suspected that some response would be to stay away from such highly processed foods and stick to cleaner carbs and proteins.

Because cleaner carbs and protein have no relevance for fat loss.
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options

• liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! Sadly for a lot of people on here they are more concerned with the numbers on the scale going down that what acutual healthy eating should really look like.

*I apparently don't know how to do the quote thing and then respond to it...sorry*
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    Wait, I heard the total opposite. It's best NOT to mix carbs with protein. That fruits/carbs need to be digested separately.

Like an apple for a snack and 4 hours later chicken/veggies
  • katiemeridien
    Options

Lol...stoner food
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Yes. First thing I thought of.
  • losermomof3
    Options
    I guess I didnt see the list as a problem. I thought her point was eating a carb with protein every few hours. As long as its done in moderation..right? If you elimate almost everything from your diet your going to go crazy...there was some very good choices on that list. Cold cuts and cheese is unhealthy? Brown rice and chicken? I didnt know that was unhealthy either. Now, I am wondering is milk and cereal bad for you too? Just wondering.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i wish you would tell my body that because i have a mix of carbs and protein at every meal and my body fat doesn't seem to be dropping!
  • losermomof3
    Options
    Depends on what kind of carbs you are eating, from what I heard the best carbs are bananas, apples, rice, oatmeal, and potato. I am not sure how much you are eating, but I try to eat just a half a cup at each meal, when I do eat carbs, or as I should say, when I eat my best.