HRM question

Options
Im looking into getting a heart rate monitor within the next few weeks Im looking at the Polar F4- does anyone know about it? Can you enter your weight into it? Per target website this is what it says

Designed especially for women, this electro heart rate monitor is great for athletes, weight loss, general fitness and indoor cyclists
• Stopwatch, convenient button-free operation, automatically establishes personal target heart rate zone, and tracks calories burned
• Additional features include calorie burn counter, water resistance and stopwatch

let me know your suggestions i only want to spend 100.00 no more- i want it to count calories monitor my heart rate, and i would like to be able to enter my personal info like height and weight so its accurate

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Im looking into getting a heart rate monitor within the next few weeks Im looking at the Polar F4- does anyone know about it? Can you enter your weight into it? Per target website this is what it says

Designed especially for women, this electro heart rate monitor is great for athletes, weight loss, general fitness and indoor cyclists
    • Stopwatch, convenient button-free operation, automatically establishes personal target heart rate zone, and tracks calories burned
    • Additional features include calorie burn counter, water resistance and stopwatch

let me know your suggestions i only want to spend 100.00 no more- i want it to count calories monitor my heart rate, and i would like to be able to enter my personal info like height and weight so its accurate
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am commenting so I can track this! I want someone to give this (or something like it) to me for Christmas!
  • xtraquispe
    xtraquispe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My friend was telling me about a mio watch. I am TOTALLY getting one next week! Check it out www.miowatch.com
  • LeelaStar
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and I love it!

Yes, you can enter your age, weight, height, and gender. It is very easy to use to monitor calories burned and heart rate as you wanted.

Hope that helps! :happy:
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Oh, I need one of these, too! Hopefully some HRM owners will give some reviews!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, the major difference between the F6 and the F4 is the F6 has it's own transmitter code so it will not pick up other HRM signals in the gym, which can be a problem if you go to the gym. Also, I'm not sure that the F4 is able to download to the internet or not. I like to track my exercise in more detail than MFP allows, so I download my F6 to the Polar site.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    ok so I am gonna go for the F4 Im not worried about picking up other signals cause I dont go to the gym I just workout at home I dont need to download it either just need to know for myself on a daily basis how many calories i burn on a daily basis and working out.
  • shorerider
    Options
    I think the Polar site has a comparison chart; if so, you might want to double check on the differences.

Here's the link to their comparison chart:

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/compare#
  • shorerider
    Options
    You know what, I just went to the Polar site and the F6 isn't even listed anymore! They have an F7 instead--guess they stopped selling the F6. Figures :grumble:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I have had an F4 for nearly 2 years. I like it. I workout at home, so I wasn't worried about transmitter complications. The only wish I really have is that the F4 doesn't have a light. Sometimes, I used to run in the early am and I couldn't see the display. Otherwise, it works for me!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    When you buy the F4 or whatever, does the strap come with it...? Is it separate? I am so confused!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Go to Amazon.com. You can compare all the Polar models, and the great thing about Amazon is their "reviews" by people who use the item. You get some real feedback about the different products, what people liked or didn't like about each one, and 1-5 star ratings based on the various reviews.

Amazon also has "What's in the box" - telling you what comes with each product. Amazon is a very easy to use site. And there are "forums" where you can ask a question about products and I have gotten very helpful technical advice about electronic gadgets from users on Amazon. Sometimes it is difficult to get information from manufacturers' websites about "glitches" with their products.

:glasses:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I am commenting so I can track this! I want someone to give this (or something like it) to me for Christmas!
    shhhhh I'm wrapping it up right now for you..... diggin in the closet for a bow!:laugh: Well I do hope you get one from Santa....:heart:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have had an F4 for nearly 2 years. I like it. I workout at home, so I wasn't worried about transmitter complications. The only wish I really have is that the F4 doesn't have a light. Sometimes, I used to run in the early am and I couldn't see the display. Otherwise, it works for me!

it does have a light !!! just bring the watch close to the transmitter and it will light up... of course, it does use more batterie power so might run out faster.. just to let you know !
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    When you buy the F4 or whatever, does the strap come with it...? Is it separate? I am so confused!

yes, they do come together.

i have an f4 and find it perfect for me, i didnt need all the bells and whistles, i wanted a HR, a calorie count and a water proof one, so its perfect.