New & Losing, slow but sure

Options
I'm just starting my 3rd week on myfitnesspal. This is just what I had been looking for, something to help me track my intake and output of calories from day to day! So I am really loving this site! I've been working out hard, keeping vigilant track of my food & water, and have enjoyed seeing a few pounds come off. Sometimes I get discouraged, feeling like I'm working so hard and watching my food so closely, that the pounds should come off faster. But as my husband reminded me yesterday, it took me years to put it on, and the slow but steady loss is the safest way to get it back off! Maybe more than the weight loss benefit right now is that I have noticed I FEEL so much better, mentally and physically! There is power in setting goals, resisting temptation, and using self control.

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Mom of four kids here and work full time as a teacher. Been on this site since January and love it. Feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    And some of the best rewards don't have anything to do with the scale. Noticing a slimmer you, having others notice a slimmer you, and feeling strong and positive are some of the best rewards. :) Good luck on your journey. Add me as a friend if you like. :)
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've been on this site since January as well and find it extremely helpful.
    Just remember...don't focus on the scale. Measurements and clothes are the best ways to measure your progress!
    Feel free to friend me.
    Renée
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    Slow and steady is the perfect way to lose it! It has taken me almost 3 years to lose what I have. I get frustrated when I don't see the scale move for a couple of months but I always remind myself that I am doing this to feel better, not for a number! Keep up the good work and you will get there.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I've been a member since January & I <3 it.
    Do you remember the old saying, "Slow and steady wins the race."? Keep that in mind during your weigh loss journey. It's okay to lose the weight slow. Don't get in a hurry. Like your hubby said, it didn't take you a day or two or a week or two to gain it all. So, it will take longer than that to lose it all. Just remember that as long as you are losing (no matter how much), you are winning. Congrats on your weight loss so far & good luck in reaching your goal! :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!My mottos is slow and steady wins the race.i`m been at this for several years.Lots of ups and downs due to health issues etc.But Ive managed to loose 99 lbs.I`m restricted again for ex due to surgery.So I`m slow again,watching my calories and watching others move ahead.It took me over 20 years to put this on,So I knew it wouldn`t happen overnight.
    baby steps,changing your diet and doing what you can do for exercise.you will get there.Just don`t quit,look for motivation wherever you can get it.
    Good luck!
    jane:flowerforyou: