iMaps App

Options
kimjoan
kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
If you have an iPhone, iPad, etc. there is an app for you to check out - iMaps! My sister-in-law turned me onto it and I used it for the first time today and it was great! There is one for fitness, which includes bicycling, running and walking and there are apps just for the individual forms of exercise. When you begin your exercise you to to routes and push start - it measures distance, speed, time and calories burned - fabulous. It was great for me because it showed me that I have been pretty much spot on with my estimates of my morning dog walk.

Replies

• sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can't find it! Got any other info on it?
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just did a search for iMaps and it came up - try either iMapMyWalk or iMapMyFitness and see if you find it.
  • Mudnyri
    Mudnyri Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the runkeeper app which is available, not only for iOS devices, but also for Android OS . It does the same thing. There are several apps like these out there. I'm not familiar with iMaps, but with runkeeper, you can create a free account, and follow your routes on the website, www.runkeeper.com. It keeps track of your total mileage, total number of activities, total calories burned, which can also be broken down by month! Pretty cool. So far, I've logged 285 miles since January! :)
    Whichever app you find most useful, I find it motivating to use technology in this way. I keep walking/jogging to see if I can top last month's mileage!
    Have fun!