Mirror image doesn't match!! *RANT*

Options
Why oh why is it that when I look in the mirror I can see changes in my waist line, changes in my legs etc... but when I take a picture to compare it to my other pics to see my progress I don't see the changes that I thought were there. i think my mind is playing tricks on me. I see a thinner person when I look in the mirror and then reality is thrown in my face when I look at my progress pics.

It's pretty much a rant because I am angry! I am angry that I have been busting my butt for almost 3 months, lost 25 lbs and barely see any changes. I still have 53 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight but the way it looks I may have to lower my goal weight to even see the changes I want in my body. Uuuuughh I just wanna scream sometimes.

I am eating between 1500-1600 calories a day, eating my exercise calories, burning 500-600 calories during workouts 6 days a week and doing strength training 3-4 days a week. I just expected more of a difference in my pics. I do feel really strong though, amazingly strong so I am happy about that, just not what I see in the pics.

OK Rant over!

Replies

• ybent
    ybent Posts: 10
    Options
    Just keep on working. Eventually you will see it.:happy:
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    sometimes the camera can be tricky ,because u can look heavier then u actually are same with video cam...keep it up
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    You are doing excellent. Just keep at it and you'll see it in the mirror and the pictures. You are feeling better and stronger and that is most important. Your body shape will catch up.
    Maybe someone else can take the pictures for you. Same outfit, same distance, same pose, same zoom etc. I have a tough time taking pictures of myself in a mirror.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I didn't see changes until well after 30lbs and it was another 10lbs after that before other people started commenting. Remember that the fat vanishes from all over, not just one place or the other. Thus, it can take a decent loss before it is really noticeable.

HANG IN THERE!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When you look in the mirror you see a different person than when you take a picture. - A lot of it is self image, you're so used to looking at yourself in a mirror (backwards) that when you look yourself a picture (straight forward) it confuses your brain and your brain is made out to think "That's not me!" Even though you know it is :x

Don't listen to the camera if it makes you feel fat. - Just keep working out and enjoying yourself in the mirror ^_^
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Please don't be discouraged. The change is in the works. You feel stronger, you know your making a difference, more so then just sitting on the couch doing nothing. You will see it, your feeling it, and it will show in the pictures. You maybe like me and carry your weight very well so it may take more weight to lose to see a significant difference. Don't give up.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    sometimes the camera can be tricky ,because u can look heavier then u actually are same with video cam...keep it up

This right here. Also, lighting can change everything too.

I would say measure yourself, b/c that is the best way to determine loss in inches. Keep it up! You are doing great!

(Off-topic, but when I saw the title the first thing that came to my mind is a spell from World of Warcraft, and was wondering why it's being talked about on MFP...*sigh*)