6 lamest excuses for not losing weight

On MSN.com today, this is one of the topics under "must see."
1. I'm too busy
2. Eating healthy is too expensive
3. Diets make me hungry
4. No time to cook
5. Exercise wipes me out
6. I always gain the weight back

Each of these topics has good information under it and takes away a lot of the excuses that I hear.
Seen in a positive way, the answers can give us direction in overcoming one of these if it feels like something we struggle with.

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Thanks I reading these!
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    The best part about this is changing it from a negative to a positive....

1. I can squeeze 15 minutes a day out of my schedule to track food on MFPl
    2. Paying more money now for food beats the hospital bills in the future.
    3. Eating healthy food leaves me more satisfied.
    4. I don't have to cook healthy snacks like celery and carrot sticks.
    5. Exercise energizes me to shop!
    6. I never gain back the weight because I don't diet...I've changed my lifestyle!!!!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    My response back to those are...

1. Yet you have time to sit on your computer or watch tv. Take 15 mins and do something productive.
    2. It's not that expensive. I think buying chips and cake is more expensive in the long run (insurance and medical bills)
    3. You're not on a diet. Diets fail. You change the way you eat and you won't be hungry.
    4: You have time to drive to a drive through or have a pizza delivered you have time to pop some chicken in the oven.
    5: It will make you tired but eventually you'll get to the point where you feel energized! It's an amazing feeling.
    6: You gain it back because you're on a diet...end of story. They don't work.
  • BUMP! reading tonight for when i'm trying to talk myself into working out!
  • Love it lilcrittert!!!!
  • The best part about this is changing it from a negative to a positive....

6. I never gain back the weight because I don't diet...I've changed my lifestyle!!!!

love this!!!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    The best part about this is changing it from a negative to a positive....

Those were my responses as well!!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    My response back to those are...

1. Yet you have time to sit on your computer or watch tv. Take 15 mins and do something productive.
    2. It's not that expensive. I think buying chips and cake is more expensive in the long run (insurance and medical bills)
    3. You're not on a diet. Diets fail. You change the way you eat and you won't be hungry.
    4: You have time to drive to a drive through or have a pizza delivered you have time to pop some chicken in the oven.
    5: It will make you tired but eventually you'll get to the point where you feel energized! It's an amazing feeling.
    6: You gain it back because you're on a diet...end of story. They don't work.

I like these- some were my thoughts as well, but some were new to me.
  • I think its hilarious that "Exercise wipes me out" Um, its suppose to!!! If its not then your not doing what you should be doing. These excuses are STUPID. Eating healthy IS more expensive. But so will your diabetes supplies when you find out you have it. Also, EVERYONE is busy, but everyone has time to shimmy in something to do as workout. "Diets make me hungry" REALLY?! When your not dieting you get hungry. Which is why we are fat, because you are hungry and to lazy to cook you eat JUNK instead of grabbing an apple. Which leads me to No time to cook. In the time it takes you to peel of 152 twinkie wrappers you could have made a salad. Now to "I always gain the weight back" Thats because your not committed to change your life. You can't lose 15 pounds, and think well I've lost what I wanted, lets eat a tub of ice cream.

Now I am NOT saying this to me mean.
    This is coming from someone who starting has over 100 pounds to lose, and thats just one of my first goals. It irritates me because I WAS one of these people with all these excuses and probably a few more. It's not worth it to feel tired or fat or not fit in jeans or getting a chance of getting diabetes. I find it so hard to understand why people get the warning signs of it, and get told they have type 2 diabetes and they do nothing to change it. I was one of those people as well. I had type 2 in high school. I didn't care i ate what I wanted. Now I look at it as. What the hell was I thinking?! My health is SO important. Some people really need to understand that. There is SO MUCH more to life then eating food that taste good or food thats covered in chocolate.

I'm ranting. I still have A LONG ways to go, but still, just heartbroken for the people that don't understand or see what they are doing to themselves. Then when they do its to late. :(
  • I love this site ;) keeps me active and wanting to succeed :)
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    The eating healthy is soooooooooooooo expensive thing is such junk. Sure if you're all organic and grass fed, it is, but lets face it, the bulk of us aren't going for that level of healthy. We're going from avoiding the french fries and adding veggies instead right?

Don't buy stuff in a box and it fixes just about everything.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    I used to always say, "I'd rather just be fat and happy than thin and miserable". Spoken like a true dumbass.
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    I think I have said just about every one of these at one point or another, lets see how things have changed.

1. I'm too busy: I still am busy as ever, but I find ways to squeeze in a work out and prepare healthy meals. If I want it bad enough, I'll find the time!
    2. Eating healthy is too expensive: Used to say this is true, but I find I am saving more money brining healthy food to work than eating lunch out most days.
    3. Diets make me hungry: This was true when I tried "dieting" and not eating the right foods.
    4. No time to cook: I said this ALL the time. When I cook I make 2 serving and keep one for leftovers so a couple days during the week when I really don't have a lot of time, I just re heat and make a fresh veggie. Not hard at all!
    5. Exercise wipes me out: And it still does, but it feel great to be wiped out! My insomnia nights are becoming fewer and fewer. Zzzz
    6. I always gain the weight back: Because I celebrated ANY weightloss with a cheeseburger from Jack in the box you knuckle head!