Success is SWEET!!!

Options
Back in March, I went wedding gown shopping. I fell in love with a dress, but unfortunately, the biggest size it came in was a 16. It wasn't close to zipping, and I was heartbroken. I talked to the seamstress at the gown shop to see if it was possible to get it altered to fit me in case I couldn't lose any weight. She confirmed that it would be possible, so, I did the ultimate no-no and bought a dress that was to small for me.

Here are the pictures from the day I bought the dress:

comparepic.jpg

My bridal shower was this weekend and I had my mom bring my dress for me to try on, and guess what?!? It zips up and I have room to spare! And this is even without my bodice/bra piece that sucks in a few inches! Woohooo!!!

Here are the pictures from today:

compare2.jpg

I know I have more weight to lose before December, but I am just so proud of myself. Time to find a seamstress to get this thing taken in!!!

Replies

• His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    Back in March, I went wedding gown shopping. I fell in love with a dress, but unfortunately, the biggest size it came in was a 16. It wasn't close to zipping, and I was heartbroken. I talked to the seamstress at the gown shop to see if it was possible to get it altered to fit me in case I couldn't lose any weight. She confirmed that it would be possible, so, I did the ultimate no-no and bought a dress that was to small for me.

Here are the pictures from the day I bought the dress:

comparepic.jpg

My bridal shower was this weekend and I had my mom bring my dress for me to try on, and guess what?!? It zips up and I have room to spare! And this is even without my bodice/bra piece that sucks in a few inches! Woohooo!!!

Here are the pictures from today:

compare2.jpg

I know I have more weight to lose before December, but I am just so proud of myself. Time to find a seamstress to get this thing taken in!!!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That is so great. Congratulations! :flowerforyou: The dress is beautiful.
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A picture is worth a thousand words! You've really done great. Congratulations and Good Luck losing more in time for the big day. Jackie
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look awesome, and what a gorgeous dress. :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your success so far! You are going to make a beautiful bride because you are already beautiful!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are gorgeous, as is your dress!!!:heart:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    WOW! :bigsmile: Look at you! You look great and the dress is beautiful! You can see how happy you are in the "zipped up" pictures!
  • SaFireMoon1
    Options
    You look soooooooo great! Good JOB!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, you look great and your dress is very pretty! :flowerforyou:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Beautiful gown! And congratulations! That's wonderful!!! :happy:
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Wow girl you look amazing!! You can really tell the difference in your face! It is going to be an amazing wedding!!:flowerforyou:
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful bride!

Congrats!

:flowerforyou:
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Thanks ladies... you all are a boost to my ego! :embarassed:
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Wow girl you look amazing!! You can really tell the difference in your face! It is going to be an amazing wedding!!:flowerforyou:

The first thing my dad said when he saw me is "Kelly, your face shrunk!" Hahaha, you have to love men :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Beautiful all around! Good for you!
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Way to go !!!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great job... and you look great in your dress !
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great job,

I could totally see a big change, I love the dress You look great. Keep it up. :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    You look beautiful! And love your dress!

Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wow, you and your dress are beautiful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!