Breakfast taking up too many calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Haha, I feel you. I fail on the low calorie breakfasts. I try and try - but I like a kings mean with lots of variety food in the AM.

My days like,

Bagel
    Light Cream Cheese
    Mocha Drink
    Low Fat Yogurt Cup

Or

Energy Bar
    Apple
    Chocolate Milk/Coffee Drink

Same thing, usually in threes.. I am trying to cut it down with even pre-planning but I really want to eat cereal but loves my bagels.. Oi.

500+ cals, usually just about 600 or 550

To be fair I never really have Lunch as obviously my BFasts keep me good, maybe a snack of cheese, nuts ot something at the 3/4pm, then supper about 6/7.

I will someday break the pleatau of a large BFast but I need the energy for 1-2 hour workouts of pure cardio or Weight and Cardio.

But I feel you.. Lol.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a breakfast shake with some protein in it to keep you full? Will cut your cals down to between 200-300 depending on what you put in it.
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I also believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I've "inverted" my meal schedule to some degree. Use to have small brekkies with big dinners, but I found that by doing the opposite, while I am hungrier at night, I don't have a big meal sitting in my stomach when I sleep - so you may be ok with 500 cals. However, if you look to cut back to say 400, I'd suggest some protein to satiate you a little better, like a a couple of eggs, whole wheat english muffin and a couple slices of lean turkey would only be about 300 cals, leaving you some room for a glass of milk. Good luck, M.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if it's possible for you but switching from milk to water would cut out quite a bit of calories in itself.

My breakfast this morning was:

1 piece of cinnamon raisin toast with 1/3 tablespoon of almond butter

2 chicken sausages

1/3 cup of egg whites with some peppers and onions

5 large strawberries

for a total of 331 calories xD
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i was raised the same way...ive cut my big breakfast days to sundays...i normally go over my calories by a couple hundred on sundays but im still losing *for now* and it makes me happy = )
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts:

Toasted wheat english muffin (140 calories)
    1 large egg (70 calories)
    1 wedge of Laughing Cow light (35 calories)

So that is a 245 calorie egg and cheese sandwich. Sometimes I also add two links of chicken breakfast sausage (70 calories), which gives me a sausage egg and cheese sandwich for a total of 315 calories. Not too bad!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Can you maybe cut calories out elsewhere? Also, maybe instead of drinking milk (I find that drinking my calories is not satisfying or filling at all) try eating plain nonfat greek yogurt-- loads more calcium and protein, and actually filling!
    [/quote]

I'm a huge fan of the greek yogurt, I very often have a 6oz chobani with 2 tbsp of all natural peanut butter. Its super filling and loaded with protein!
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow! I like the way that sounds! Yummy!
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    Take a look at Hungry Girl's Breakfast recipes: http://www.hungry-girl.com/search?keyword=breakfast&newsletter_type=2
  • j_talley8
    j_talley8 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you all for the great ideas! Can't wait to try some. I do and will continue to eat grits I was just looking for some other options, I just cant give my milk up, its my greatest source of calcium and I love love it. But I can maybe drink it every other day and try some of your new recipes in between. I do the egg whites, and turkey bacon but its just not like real breakfast, ima try to fancy it up with salsa, beans and tortilla like some suggested. I guess its not a bad thing because im not going over in my calories but I do find myself cutting back on calories for lunch,supper, and snacks in order not to do so.

Again thank you all!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I really like All Bran Bran Buds 1/3 c serving is only 70 cals I eat 2 servings with 1/2 c 1% milke heated up in microwave for 30-40s and much more filling than oatmeal.