Healthful Eating vs. varied working schedule???? Help!

Options
Like many others I'm trying to eat healthier and lose weight. I've got a problem though, I can't have a regular eating schedule. I work overnight 3 days a week and the other 4 days I work/do school during the day. My overnight shift is 10hrs long. I've tried taking in healthy snacks to eat, but then on my nights off when i'm sleeping (because I have to work or do school during the day) my body wakes me up for that snack. This has become a real problem because if i don't snack at work I'm starving when I get home, causing me to eat right before going to bed and fasting constantly isn't healthy either. But when I eat the snacks I can't sleep without waking up on my nights off. I know the easiest and most logical answer is to find a different job with more stable hours, however in this economy (and in my area) there just aren't many choices. I'm hoping maybe someone has some suggestion of how to regulate this crazy eating schedule so I can be more successful at my goals?!?!?! Help please. :smile:

Replies

• Kasey_Ford
    Kasey_Ford Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, not with shift switches, but with long fast paced hours!!! I have learned that the best thing is to always think healthy!!! Take nuts and fruit to work so you can snack healthy and brown bagging is going to be your best friend. Your body is going to let you know when to eat. Just respond to it. When you get the growl, snack it up! Good luck, and congrats on getting started!!!

Send me a friend request, and we can boost each other's progress!!!!