What fitness routine got you into shape.

Options
What, fitness routine or work out video really helped you lose weight, get in shape and kept you motivated?

I would love to hear some ideas,

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Running! I started with Couch to 5k (a version from Women's health magazine) and then just kind of snowballed into longer distance training programs.
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    aerobic kick boxing!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I just started Curves about two weeks ago and I love it. I have noticed a difference in my body already, I feel more toned and can feel my leg and arm muscles again. It's a great workout.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    P90X & Insanity were like the appetizer and the main course. Now I'm loving life with my <35 minute Crossfit-type workouts that are the "dessert" and are REALLY getting me diced.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Zumba has done wonders for my legs & hips! I'm currently "enjoying" Jillian Michaels for upper body strengthening. :bigsmile:
  • biblebanger
    Options
    I started with Beachbody's Turbo Jam 4 years ago! I was too intimidated to go to a gym. It was the first workouts on DVD that I didn't get sick of! I have since done P90X, Insanity, ChaLean Extreme, & Turbo Fire. I love that they come with a lot of workouts and a schedule!! I've had such great results I became a Beachbody coach so I can help others find their "soulmate" workout. I went from dreading workouts to looking forward to them because they are so much fun and you get results from them!!!! Feel free to check out my website if you're interested:) www.setfreefitness.com I also run now that I am in such good shape. I could never do that before!!!
  • snoland81
    snoland81 Posts: 19
    Options
    P90X is the way to go! It allows you to eat and also workout a reasonable amount of time. The workouts are intense and hard, you will max out the muscles you are using and feel it for days to come, but in the end the results are AMAZING! It's the only home video workout that I've bought that actually does what it says it will to your body if you do what it says to do and don't cheat! Well, I cheated a little and still saw the results they said were possible! It's not really a workout I'd start if I wasn't in some type of physical health, but it is the one thing that will tone those hard to reach muscles you didn't know you had!! I did 40 days the first time I started it and then found out I was prego. I lost 13 lbs and I cannot tell you how many inches. I started back TODAY determined to finish all 90 Days!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am doing Chalene Extreme, Zumba & turbo jam once a week. I LOVE Chalene, it is a 5 day program and everyday in the week is a different workout that you repeat for 4 weeks and then change for month 2 and month 3:-) Lots of different choices and it is fun and only around 30-40 minutes. Good Luck finding something for you!

:smile:
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    spinning!!

I started taking spinning classes at my gym in December, and I've now pretty much become a spinning junkie. I go to class at least three, but usually four or five, times a week. It's a great cardio workout, and an hour really does go by quickly. I've also found that it's helped me build definition in my arms and improve my balance.
  • mae3785
    mae3785 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Strength training and sprints. Strength training makes me feel like powerful and like I can do this ala Rosie the Riveter, while sprints just really kick my *kitten* and make me feel accomplished once I'm done.
  • Mfalk16
    Mfalk16 Posts: 1
    Options
    Strength training with weights and bodyweight 2 - 3 days a week, normally Tues. and Thurs, sometimes Saturday.

Kettlebells for 45 minutes 3 days a week, M, W, F.

Running 15-25 miles per week, 4-5 days a week, cardio cross train on strenght training days: bicycle, stairstep, rowing or eliptical for 20 minutes.

SW 275 Christmas 2009
    CW 209
    GW 175
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    P90X is what I use. I love not having to go to the gym to get into shape. You just need a chair, some weights/bands, and a pull-up bar.

If you can make it past the first week or two, you'll be hooked.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    wow thanks everyone! I just looked at the gym by my house and they have Zumba classes once a week. I think ill do that, plus the couch to 5k and add a bit of turbojam in there? That Chalene Extreme looks pretty good. Maybe ill get that. My husband just started p90X. maybe when i get more stamina and lose a few more pounds I wiill join him.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Just hitting the gym and moving more. I change up my routine every day. Setting goals to push harder has been great and my success kept me moving. I have become a gym junkie because I love the way I feel when I've accomplished it and burned those calories. The comfort in knowing I am doing something great for me is helpful. Music always keeps me moving.
  • ashandbensmom
    Options
    I started out doing the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009. Then I got a recumbent bike. I ride that pretty much every day. Now I ride the bike and do at least 30-45 minutes of some sort of cardio workout. I download them off of exercise tv.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    The first time I got in shape I used Slim in Six and then the Slim Series. I have also done Turbo Jam and Power 90. I used Yoga Booty Ballet, but didn't like it. I also tried P90X, it wasn't right for me. Last summer I got into shape using Cathe step workouts. I'm a Beach Body Fanatic, so I just got ChaLEAN Extreme. My first day was today, but I really enjoyed it. I will do that with Cathe step workouts.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Spin class. I lost 2 lbs a week for 7 months just doing 2 classes a week with the only change in diet being I cut out pop.
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    zumba! I go twice a week and i've lost 48 lbs in 6 mths!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i'm a big zumba fan, burns a lot of calories and is FUN!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Spin class. I lost 2 lbs a week for 7 months just doing 2 classes a week with the only change in diet being I cut out pop.

WOW thats amazing!!!