Loose 5 lbs in seven days

Options
jenhenning219
jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
so i found this Diuretic drink recipe that you can loose 5 lbs in seven days its supposed to get rid of excess water bloat
heres the recipe if anyone else is interested i think im going to try it

60 oz of distilled water
1Tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice
1 dandelion root tea bag
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice

drink this every day for 7 days and loose 5lbs
hope this works i will let everyone know

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    INTERESTING
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yes, very interesting....don't like I'll try it though...
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I drink 48oz to 72oz of water per day. That gets rid of my bloat.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    doyou eat? or just this drink????
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    no food?
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't bother, there are no miracle drinks or magic potions!
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    you eat the same you would normally eat =)
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    There is no quick diet. There is no miracle drink. It's called hard work and eating right.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    you may lose 5 lbs in 7 days from not eating...oops, just saw that you do eat during this? that doesn't make sense to me. (I'm disappointed in Jillian Michaels! Why yell at people about hard work and putting good food in your body if you are going to support quick fixes like this?)

...you'll also have minimal energy and gain it all back when you start eating "normally" again. Been there tried stuff like this (can anyone say Slimfast?) and it's a quick fix, not a lifestyle change...I would love the quick weight loss, but think I'll stick with the very slow rate I'm losing...
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I just drink 12 cups of water a day and watch my sodium. No bloat!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Concur......
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to get rid of "water weight"? You'll only put it back on as soon as you stop taking anything with diuretic effect. The kidneys are remarkably good at keeping the right amount of water, sodium, etc. in the body.

I thought it was fat that we all wanted to lose?

You could probably starve yourself and lose 5 lbs of muscle in a relatively short period of time if you wanted, I expect, but that's not really going to help you.
  • ljhk
    ljhk Posts: 6
    Options
    Concur......
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    This is a TEMPORARY loss...most fitness people before shows do this to make their muscles stand out and lose the water pockets but certainly not a sustaining weight loss.
  • raychill007
    raychill007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think it's OK that it's temporary, it'd be handy if you needed to look good quickly, like if you've a wedding coming up or a reunion. I'll keep it in mind for my next big occasion - thanks!
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    im not doing it as a diet i just found it interesting
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not endorsing this, nor trying to be hypercritical, but she says 16 oz water, not a 60 oz mixture. :smile:
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Why are people saying it is a quick fix? All of the ingredients are healthy and that is what we are putting in our bodies to get healthy. Everything we are replacing bad we are replacing something good to help replenish our damaged bodies. What makes this any different? This is not something that was stated to replace what we are currently doing, it is to aid with the problem that some of us are having? Just questions because I want to understand where everyone is coming from.