About to start the 30 Day Schred and I am scared!!!!

Options
Probably sounds silly to most of you who are smaller than 220 lbs, have already done it or are doing the P90x or work out more than 30 minutes a day. But I have gone from sitting behind a desk, going home cooking dinner and sitting around to working out at least 30 minutes every single day after I get off work. Brisk walking and low impact aerobics, but nothing massively strenuous. I've only been doing this for about 3 to 4 weeks so I am still probably not in that great of shape. I am very very nervous about starting the 30 Day Shred.........Seriously someone tell me am I gonna KILL myself trying to do this??

Replies

• AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    And I clearly can't type. SHRED! Not Schred! Sorry!
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You will be ok...and it will get easier. Just do your best, and with each time..progress will be made. Don't move to the next level until you feel you are ready. I started here at 234..and was doing the 30 day shred at that weight...it is possible. Good luck to you
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    No your not! you will be able to do it. just remember its only 20 mins and when your muscles ache tomorrow just remember that its because you worked your *kitten* off!

Iv literally just finished day 3 of the shred and i feel amazing. add me if you want and we can support each other. Good luck xxx
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are not going to kill yourself. You do what you can and if you have to stop, don't stop entirely, keep moving til the next exercise but doing something that allows you to move while still being able to catch your breath. It's not gonna kill you. You'll see before long that you won't need to stop as much and eventually at all! You'll need to move onto something more challenging! Good luck!!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    No, you will not kill yourself! There are two examples to follow in her video..there is one doing modified versions of the exercises for the not-so-advanced folks and then there is another doing the full motions. Just follow the beginner until you can progress.

You are capable of working hard! (you will hear this in the video!!)

Each day you will get stronger and as you progress through the levels you will be amazed at how your stamina has increased!

You will do fine.

Enjoy the shred!!!!!
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome workout! It's only 20mins & Jillian breaks up the workout so just when you think you can't take anymore, you move on to something else. Good luck, have fun, do as much as you can.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Alot of people on here do the 30DS...

I'm sure like any other workouts - you will work up to the routine...

Have fun while you do it :happy:
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    No, You can do it! Just don't expect to be able to do the whole workout the first time without stopping a few times. Just keep at it! And you'll notice a huge change in yourself after a few workouts. You'll be really sore but just think of it as building muscle and building muscles hurts sometimes. but it's nothing you can't handle.

You got this!
  • sbartish
    sbartish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You will do Great! I just started the 30 day shred on April 1st, the thing I love most about Julian is that she has two other people with her, and one does a lower impact version of the excercises. Trust me that night or next day you are gonna feel it in your legs and butt. Remember that is a good thing and you got through day one, so you can continue on. I personally am going to do level 1 for 10 days, then move onto level 2 for 10 days then level 3 for 10 days. That will give me my 30 days. Best of luck to you. You can do it.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You can do it.....if you want to!!! I am a big girl.....over 200 and I did it!! I did it for the full 30 days in March!!! The question is...do you really want to do it?? If the answer is yes then of course you can get it done...and yes it will be hard but anything worth having does not come easy!!!
  • LORR79
    LORR79 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi there

I started it today and wont lie,it was hard! Especially the push ups BUT it was over really quickly and I felt good for my efforts.

Go for it :happy:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm bigger than 220. My activity level is much like yours, although I have been doing Zumba about 2-3x a week for a couple of months. (Loooove it!!!)

I'm on Day 4 of Level 1. I really like it though! The jumping jack/jump rope combo on this level is rough for me. I take a 5 second break in between those sets.

I feel like crap for about 30 mins after the workout. But soon afterwards, I feel great!

This is my 2nd attempt. My first attempt, I goofed up my ankle and shin doing the side lunges. I had to take a break for a week since it hurt to walk. I was moving wrong by forcing the move with my legs. I know now to push the move with my hips and tush! lol!

Good luck!! It's not bad, really...she's not "mean to us!" I find it very informative about why the certain moves and sequences were performed.

Friend me if you want to "suffer" through this together! lol! :wink:
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I was 5'2" and 201 when I started the 30 Day Shred. I will be tough but you can do it. She has someone showing modified versions of the exercises so you can do those until you work you way up to the other. If you have to do modified for all the levels (I did) that's okay you are doing something to make yourself healther and that's what matters. I did a second round of the 30 Day Shred and was able to do most things unmodified with heaver weight the second time. I works just stick with it and do your best. Instead of 30 straight days I did it Monday-Friday for six weeks and took weekends off to recover. Good luck you will do great and get great support on here.
  • anamelina
    anamelina Posts: 13
    Options
    I have just started level 3 and have 9 days to go! I have really enjoyed it so far, and at first you think, 'how the hell am I going to do that???, but the exercises are not difficult once you have done them once and you can do the easy version at first. The only thing I would be mindful of is doing the exercises correctly, for example the lunges (and there are lots of them) need to be done right or like me your knees will suffer! Give it a go, it is tough but worth sticking with and don't give yourself a hard time if you miss a day or two, as you can just get straight back on it. GOOD LUCK! ;o)
  • Bluesman77
    Options
    Will you be sore? Probably. Is it going to be hard? Probably. Will be able to get through it the first time? Maybe, maybe not. But it is all about taking that first step. You might only get through ten minutes of it. But that is ten minutes that you have done before. But you can do 15 tomorrow. Then the full 20. Before you know it, you are shredded : ) Point is, you can do it!!! Let us know how it goes. And when in doubt, read the verse on your signature ; )
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just found it on my OnDemand and I tried it the other day...I am at 294 right now and I can be honest about the fact that I thought I was going to die! But even though it was hard, when I was done I felt really good about having done it. I've been thinking about trying it every day. If you want to, add me and we can try it together and commiserate :)
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I started the shred at a weight of 253 lbs. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up. But there are modifications for some of the exercises and she says you can stop for 5 seconds and catch your breath if you need to. Which I needed to do many times. I was very sore for the first 3 - 4 days of level 1. I took a day off the third day to allow for muscle repair in my upper body which helped. But I kept plugging away and although I often had unkind things to say to Jillian during the workout, in the end I really enjoyed losing extra inches and gaining more strength and stamina.

P.S. I found level 2 to be really difficult, especially all the plank positions. But hang in there! You will feel so accomplished for pushing through with it every day and you'll feel so much stronger both emotionally AND physically at the end! I just started mine over again! :)
  • aportillo8
    aportillo8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 3 Level 1 today after work... I'm on the same boat (sit down job, low impact wrkout) but this video kicks butt... my legs burn during and after but I like it! Add me we can go though it together! :wink:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have not exercised in YEARS, weigh 164, and did Level 1 this morning. I did the whole thing and I was winded, but surprised myself at how well I did. I too sit at a desk, go home, cook dinner, watch TV, go to bed. Don't worry, you will be fine. I did do half jumping jacks on one part though, but in the end I pushed myself and completed each exercise.
    Today I feel great, not sore (yet) and feel energized. I noticed I am walking better and am more active at work. And that is just after the first day of 30DS!!!!!!!
    You can do it!!:happy:
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    Just started last week and it still scares the crap out of me, and I am go to the gym 4x a week for 60-80 minutes!! Circuit training is a completely different ball game than cardio straight. =] Good luck! I hope it gets easier soon... but one cool thing is I can see my biceps on day 5!! =]