HELP needed for young busy student!~`

Options
Hellos. long time since ive postd something on the boards.~

well cause ive been really caught up with school as it just started about a few weeks ago.
I am still pretty clueless on how i could very consistantly put myself into changing my lifestyle
and routines so that i get get started on losing weight properly and most importantly consistantly
that i might stick to it no matter what.

My school work requires me to be in school at very random timings, and sometimes that means whole day in school from morning to night and going home to work more on the projects.
getting fit will help me feel much less lazy and so tired all the time..

are there some starter kits or ideas to help me try to lose weight, i dont like actually going to the gym itself because it's rather troublesome, i'd rather dance or exercise at home ^^...

and i need some tips for snacks i could easily bring/make to school~^^ as my meal times vary a lot.

should i get a HRM/ any devices to help me too? ~

losing weight is always on my mind, but my actions just fail to show it.. heh.. help please!~

please and thank you in advance~~

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• junsu
    junsu Posts: 13
    Options
    Hellos. long time since ive postd something on the boards.~

well cause ive been really caught up with school as it just started about a few weeks ago.
    I am still pretty clueless on how i could very consistantly put myself into changing my lifestyle
    and routines so that i get get started on losing weight properly and most importantly consistantly
    that i might stick to it no matter what.

My school work requires me to be in school at very random timings, and sometimes that means whole day in school from morning to night and going home to work more on the projects.
    getting fit will help me feel much less lazy and so tired all the time..

are there some starter kits or ideas to help me try to lose weight, i dont like actually going to the gym itself because it's rather troublesome, i'd rather dance or exercise at home ^^...

and i need some tips for snacks i could easily bring/make to school~^^ as my meal times vary a lot.

should i get a HRM/ any devices to help me too? ~

losing weight is always on my mind, but my actions just fail to show it.. heh.. help please!~

please and thank you in advance~~

• ashbeth8878
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are. Not only am I full-time student, but also a wife, mother, and work part-time. I try not to be too hard on myself because I know that I have a lot on my plate right now. And this time in my life will soon pass. However, I can give you two tips that work for me.

I schedule in exercising. I look at my schedule for the week and I plan when I will exercise. I have ExerciseTV at home, so I use that to work out. I recommend videos or the TV (if you have it). It is easy to pop in whenever your schedule allows. First thing in the morning works best for me--it gives me energy for the day.

The second thing I do is plan ahead. I take 30 minutes the night before to prepare for the next day. Not only do I pack my backpack and clothes for the next day, but I look at my meals too. If I know I have to be at school allday the next day, I pack a healthy lunch. If I know I will be busy and on the run, I pack quick, healthy snacks.

Good luck! It is will be worth it in the end.
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I completely understand... I am a single mother, I work full time, I go to school nights, and my daughter is on a swim team that has practice/swim meets 3 times a week. This is what I do. I make it a point to cook a large meal on Sunday that way I know I have at least 3 lunches to take to work. I chop up a ton of vegies and keep them in the frig so they a re always ready. I have a small collection of workout videos that I do whenever I have a 1/2 hour. My school have a gym on campus that is open to students (full or part time). The key is planning ahead especially when you are on the go. Celery/carrot sticks, 100 calorie packs, and fruit make great to go snacks. Lots and lots of water. You have to take the time for yourself. You CAN do it!
  • junsu
    junsu Posts: 13
    Options
    wow thanks ashbeth &rosemarymint~^^
    really appreciate the very practical and useful tips.
    i think youve hit spot on, on the planning ahead,
    and preparing before hand food.
    I guess there's nothing really healthy i can get hold on thats why i tend to lose it when im hungry.. heh..

and i have bad time management, finding time to exericse is hard because i guess i dont really find time for it at all..:grumble: haha!
    I will try to do some arrangement to my room so i can follow pehaps exercise videos on the net^^
    thanks!~^^ :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: