Running Apps for IPhone

Options
JennS19
JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
I've heard some talk for some of my MFP friends about running apps for my IPhone that keep track of my miles, time, route, etc but I don't know which ones are the best, how much they cost, etc.

So I'm looking for opinions. If you have downloaded an app for your IPhone let me know what you think of it. I want the good, the bad and the ugly of them.

THANKS!!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I have a droid ( until the new iPhone 5 comes out) and if there isnt a i-app for endomondo, I will be QUITE upset......check it out
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My friend told me about the endomondo app. There is only for IPhone. Do you know if it costs anything?
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    My friend told me about the endomondo app. There is only for IPhone. Do you know if it costs anything?

its free for the droid so I suppose its free for iphone as well
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    I use runkeeper pro. Its free. There is a website for it as well. It starts your music up at the same time you start your run, plus there is coaching that you can enable that lets you know your stats as you run. Mine gives my stats every 5 minutes. Lets me know how far, pace time, and if I am behind or ahead of my pace. Its nice.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have some great apps on my iPhone! I use mapmyrun and I downloaded UltraTimer for 1.99 it's awesome for intervals!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper Pro - the paid version.

If you run outdoors it's as accurate as a $400 dedicated GPSr for tracking distance and time.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Nike +GPS app on my iPhone, and it's fantastic. The download was $1.99, (or maybe even 0.99?) and for me it has totally been worth it. It tracks your route/time/distance/calories using GPS and Google Maps, and even colour-codes your route at the end of your run with the speed you were running during the different portions of it. It tracks and provides you with live updates during your run every 5 minutes of your workout, and each time you hit the next one-mile mark. At the end of your run it summarizes your running distance, time, calories burned, and gives you the option to show off on Twitter or Facebook. ;-)

I have not tried any of the other free apps for running, but I'm happy with the little money spent on this handy, accurate little app.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    How is everyone carrying their phones on runs? I downloaded runkeeper but have been hesitant to use it because of the weight of my phone (Motorola Atrix in an armored case.) I also trail run and doubt if the GPS will work back in the woods.
  • applesandglue
    Options
    I've been using Nike+ GPS and the c25k app for my iphone, I have runkeeper pro app downloaded and I'll use it when I'm done with the c25k program. I like the nike+ gps app but I don't like that I can't tell it when I'm warming up and cooling down, which lowers my average pace.

I bought an armband for my iphone from target for under $20. Works great.