anyone use a body bugg?

Options
What do you think?
What do you like/dislike?

Compared to a really good HRM, which is better. Seems like the body bugg would be a little akward to wear 24/7...

and the fact that you have to buy a subscription to even access the data seems like a racket....

but, is it worth it or should I just get a good HRM.

I feel like I'm not making as much progress as I should, my calories consumed are usually pretty close to spot on, which makes me wonder if I need a more accurate estimate of calories burned. Maybe I'm not burning as much as I think I am.

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    HRM are a pretty accurate read for cals. There is a monitor similar to body bugg at costco called body media and it is $200 and it comes with a subscription.
  • BeardieDad
    BeardieDad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The Costco one is the same thing just a better deal because it comes with a longer subscription period for teh same money.

I used the system at one time but I hated using their website. I like the concept but I wish I could upload to my PC or Mac and then use it as an input to the system of my choosing.

As far as I could tell the burned calories were pretty well calculated. I think the website was a bit generous with the calories for food and as I said I hated being locked into their website.
  • mitchet
    mitchet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i really want one of these, but i am holding off for now. i think it is a great tool for people who are doing everything right and not seeing the results they want (either losing or maintenance). i know that i am not doing everything i can be right now, so that is why i haven't gotten one yet.
  • mitchet
    mitchet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i follow Body Bugg on Facebook and they have a pretty good deal on them through 4/7. i am so tempted.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    I have one and I love it! Its so nice to not have to worry about my cals burned being over or underestimated. I know how much I have burned throughout the day, and it tells you if an estimate if you are sedentary the rest of the day. That makes planning out dinner so much easier. I know how much I can eat to stay under my calorie goal for the day. So awesome! And it keeps you motivated to stay moving if you are actually trying to meet the step goal.

If you have the money I would definitely suggest it. Helpful information for sure.