OT--I could use some advice if you have any.

Options
AmberElaine84
AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
I was adopted at 5 and I never bothered to find my biological parents. I have both of their full names, but that is about it. I have no clue where to even start trying to find them or how. I don't have a lot of money to pay search sites. It's not really that important that I find them, but at almost 25, I'm finally starting to wonder. TIA!

Amber

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I was adopted at 5 and I never bothered to find my biological parents. I have both of their full names, but that is about it. I have no clue where to even start trying to find them or how. I don't have a lot of money to pay search sites. It's not really that important that I find them, but at almost 25, I'm finally starting to wonder. TIA!

Amber
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    just my very unprofessional 2 cents, but have you tried googling them? Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    depends on their name, if it is uncommon, you can go to anywho.com or whitepages.com and search by name and each state. I do this in my profession and sometimes I get a good hit.
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do you know what state you was adopted from? Was it thru a state or private adoption agency?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I was going to say whitepages.com
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    You can try this website----> http://www.intelius.com/search-name.php?ReportType=1&
    It will bring up names and states, and rough age for free....then you can go to white pages and type in their name and state to get more info. I wasn't adopted but my dad took off when i was a baby....i found him when i was 16 by using this site and then white pages.....Good luck and I hope you find them. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Googling them might help get a lot of leads. MySpace, Facebook, Classmates, LinkedIn... all that shows up on google search results. Do you know where they are from, any info on them, so you could search county records for their birth/marriage/death certificates? Or if you know the county you were born in, that might help to narrow them down.

No real idea, I've never tried to track down people based just on names, but good luck with your search!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Can you get ahold of your True Original Birth certificate? You will need a city and state to really help you search. then try Googling, or the phone book. I was adopted as an infant, and found both birth parents in my 40's! It was many miracles all around!
    Also, there a lot of adoption reunification orgs you can list your self with, and they also have a lot of resources to help in your search.
    Good luck!
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Are you still looking?