Water makes that much of a difference?

Options
Kolohe71
Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
Typically I weigh myself on Mondays & Fridays (Don't want to obsess about the scale). However, over the past few weeks I have noticed that I am typically up 1-2 lbs on Monday compared to Friday and then on Tuesday I am back down to the same or less than my Friday weigh-in.

The only real difference in my diet over the weekend and during the week is my water intake. M-F I am at a desk all day with a water bottle right in front of me so I am constantly filling it up and end up drinking well over 2 liters a day. Then on the weekends, it becomes a case of "Out of sight, out of mind" so I only take in about 1 liter a day.

Can water alone make this much of a difference, or is there something I am maybe missing?

PS: I always weigh myself on the same scale and at the same time of day (first thing in morning) so I don't see that as the issue.

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Your body treats a lack of water the same as it would treat a lack of calories. If there isn't enough... it will hold on to as much as possible. :D
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    exactly the same thing happens to me...drinks lots of water during the weekdays and during weekends I totally forget about it... It does a difference...huge difference! I can feel it!
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    I have the same problem with water on weekends! I find if I have a 16 oz. bottle and remember to drink it before or with each meal that helps me get more in here lately! I also add flavor packets occasionally as they go down twice as quick! Keep at it - it looks like you're doing great!
  • alaskabrat
    alaskabrat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've heard that water helps speed up your metabolism and keep it regular. So it makes sense you are weighing less on Fridays. :)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Did it again... Friday = 210, Monday = 212, Today = 209

Has to be the water! Note to self: Drink more (water) on the weekend.