ZUMBA???

Options
I was thinking about taking a Zumba class and i was wondering if its a good work out?? Also is it fun? I watched some videos on YouTube and it looks pretty fun and I already have a strong dance background.

Replies

• lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    OMG it is the best workout and HEAPS of fun!!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT DO IT!!!!
  • HelenCard
    Options
    It is absolutely fantastic - good fun & a definite work out - give it a go Helen
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It's a blast. By far my favorite work out!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Very good workout. Burns many calories, I hope you enjoy it. I really do.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you like to dance, then you'll love Zumba. Depending on the instructor, you'll get a pretty good workout. When I go max I burn about 650 cals (but I've been doing it hard for a year) or on the low end it's 350-400. It's all up to you on the level of impact. Try it out, you won't regret it!
  • debbieemmett
    Options
    i joined my zumba class two weeks ago...its fun and a good workout...ive also got the zumba fitness for the wii...i love it...go and enjoy.... :happy:
  • lfclancy
    lfclancy Posts: 46
    Options
    Love it & it is a great workout. I do it every week.
  • weezielesa
    Options
    Love ZUMBA ... But it does depend on the instructor. You make the burn more or less. Good Luck and have fun!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Oh def worth it, fun and calorie burner!! enjoy :)
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love it....greatest work out ever....I burn approx 450-560 cals per 60 minute session and I go 3-4 x per week!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Killer workout/ much fun. Go for it!!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start my zumba class next monday, and I am totally excited about it! I've heard nothing but good things!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I looked at this post for my own selfish purposes.
    Do you think if people don't particularly like dancing they will enjpy it?
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I cheated and got Wii Zumba...{{{cheaper}}}....and i get the same workout. i just can't afford the gym anymore.
  • mom2boys
    mom2boys Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you already have a good dance background, you would LOVE it! (even if you don't have a good dance background). You burn TONS of calories and it's SO much fun, espcially in the class environment! You should try it! You'll become a Zumba addict like many of us already are, lol. I go for 60 mins and I burn 920 calories when I do it!
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!! I have been taking and teaching Zumba(R) Fitness classes for over 2 years now and have lost 50 pounds along the way. Class are so fun, engaging, and no dance experience required! Visit Zumba.com to find a class near you! :-)
  • featherweight221
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! It's so much fun you don't even look at your watch and the hour flies by! You can go as hard or as easy as you feel comfortable with, so calories burned depends on you. Try it out!
  • KaylaPeterson24
    KaylaPeterson24 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! I'm definately gonna take it now! Can't wait!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!! I have been taking and teaching Zumba(R) Fitness classes for over 2 years now and have lost 50 pounds along the way. Class are so fun, engaging, and no dance experience required! Visit Zumba.com to find a class near you! :-)

Thanks
    I am taking a class tonight and was a little worried about looking a little rediculous.
    :flowerforyou:
  • sallary
    sallary Posts: 8
    Options
    I've been going to Zumba for about a month now and I absolutely LOVE IT. Can't dance for toffee but its a brilliant workout and I'm usually melting by the end of the hour so I would rate it as a great calorie burner!!! Go for it!:happy: