Kale soup!

Options
Have you guys ever had Kale Soup? A friend of mine who is a trainer made it for me the other day, and it is delicious and great for you. It's packed with vitamins and antioxidants. There are a lot of different recipes to look up for it. She used kale, skim milk, water, yukon gold potatoes and ground turkey and sausage... along with onion, garlic and some seaonings. I'm having some as a snack right now. Just thought I'd share because I was so impressed with it-- both taste wise and health wise :)

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    sounds great! and healthy!
  • GA_Gyrl
    GA_Gyrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmm! I use Kale in my smoothies....so this is worth a try!! Thanks honey! :-)
  • allimac09
    allimac09 Posts: 33
    Options
    A lot of people use beans in it too for extra protein. We figured that a cup is only 150-170 calories. And it fills you up for a while.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I've never had kale because I wasn't sure what to make it with. This sounds super yummy! :drinker:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    kale is awesome : i make a similar soup (i can get a chicken based "chorizo" at my market, it's sooo good with the kale).
    chorizo (or other sausage) with crisp roasted yukons and kale also makes a decadent tasting but healthy taco filling.
    okay, hungry now ...