ZUMBA???

Options
2»

Replies

• wimmerfan
    wimmerfan Posts: 24
    Options
    I love my Zumba Fitness for the WII. I feel great when i am done with my workout!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I've taken Zumba twice at my gym and I am hooked. It is the best workout next to running! I didnt think my heart rate would get up there because it didnt seem like a high impact workout! Was I ever wrong! My heart rate is up there as if I am running on the treadmill.

And the class is so much fun you don't even look at the time!!!

Go for it!
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i start next week monday too. i am excited i need stealth workouts! so i hope to become addicted like the rest! lol
  • KaylaPeterson24
    KaylaPeterson24 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i start next week monday too. i am excited i need stealth workouts! so i hope to become addicted like the rest! lol

yea me too! I'm not really big on working out I really really have to push myself to workout twice a week so hopefully I'll love it so much it willl inspire me to work out more often!
  • katieandlilly
    katieandlilly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have worn a heart rate monitor and when I first started I was burning over 700 calories an hour in Zumba! Now, I'm in better shape and weigh less, but I still burn 600 an hour on average! and it is FUN!!!
  • a_fit_me
    a_fit_me Posts: 103
    Options
    I love Zumba...:heart: It's a great workout, and you will enjoy it.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best workout! It is so much fun and it is cardio plus an amazing core work out! I wore my hrm to class and it was at 100% almost the whole time!

I also have it for wii and it is really good as well...the kids even like it!

You know it's an amazing workout when your totally in shape instructor who teaches 4 or 5 classes a day is sweating her "balls" off!:wink:
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Last week was my first week of Zumba and I loved it. Sooo much fun. I don't have a dance back ground. Far from it. lol I could not believe how much I sweat. Go you will love it.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I looked at this post for my own selfish purposes.
    Do you think if people don't particularly like dancing they will enjpy it?

It depends on the person, the instructor and the routine. I like it because its a fun, quick workout. The hour goes by really quick and I burn alot of calories..a little over 600.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You will love it!!! I'm going to a Zumba marathon Friday night with 25 instructors, can't wait!!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You will love it!!! I'm going to a Zumba marathon Friday night with 25 instructors, can't wait!!!!!

I want to go to a Zumbathon...I'm jealous!!
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    Options
    Zumba is my "fun" workout. I look forward to it all week long. It's the reason I get out of bed before lunch on Saturday mornings. It does absolutely depend on the instructor. I have two that alternate Saturdays. One is a very strenuous workout, the other just a fun booty-shaking time. But either way, I enjoy it. And if I find from my heart rate monitor that I didn't get enough out of it, I just hit the treadmill or elliptical to make up the difference before strength training.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just started Wii Zumba a couple of weeks ago, and I'm hooked. I can't quite keep up (two left feet!), but it's getting better. At least I'm laughing all the way!
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Any other workout feels like "work" When I know its time for a Zumba class, it's a "TREAT" Totally FUN, best workout ever!!
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I want to go to a Zumbathon...I'm jealous!!

I 2nd that!!