HRM Suggestions

Options
I am looking to purchase an HRM and know nothing about them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    im a fan of the polar brand
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Hi , to get the most accurate reading you will need to get one with a chest strap. I have a Polar FT4 , which I like.

There are a few threads around discussing the pro's and cons of various models. Try a search of HRM and you should come across them.
    Good luck
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I like the Polar brand as well. I use an FT4.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 as well and love it!!!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i like my polar ft4
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar S710 which is now obsolete, comparable to Polar RS800CX.
    Many of them have bike computers integrated, also GPS and altitude. Some also have large memories to store interval data that you can download and analyze later.
    If you are training for an event or trying to seriously record your fitness level these features might be important.
    Check Garmin Forerunner line.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 469
    Options
    I like the Polar brand as well. I use an FT4.

this is what i have. it's a solid choice without too many bells and whistles.
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 as well. I love it and definitely agree - you should get one with a chest strap for accuracy.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Also wanted to add - after researching and purchasing the wrong ones, I want to share that if you want one for the calorie burned information - you need to specifically look for that. Anything under about $80 only gives you your heart rate and will not include calories burned information. Just be careful when shopping. Be sure that specifically is listed as a fuction of the HRM. This is not an automatic feature on all HRM.
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Also wanted to add - after researching and purchasing the wrong ones, I want to share that if you want one for the calorie burned information - you need to specifically look for that. Anything under about $80 only gives you your heart rate and will not include calories burned information. Just be careful when shopping. Be sure that specifically is listed as a fuction of the HRM. This is not an automatic feature on all HRM.

Does the FT4 have calories burned? That seems to have the majority vote.
  • addman72
    Options

Does the FT4 have calories burned? That seems to have the majority vote.

Yes , it had cals burned , it also has max HR , average HR , tells you when you are in the In Zone for your HR
  • brookesready
    Options
    Thank you!!! :)
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Polar here too.
  • mandyschalk
    mandyschalk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have ft4 and Love them!! I believe that REI is still running a special that you can get 20% off one item. It bring it to like $74, really good deal!
  • brookesready
    Options
    Hi , to get the most accurate reading you will need to get one with a chest strap. I have a Polar FT4 , which I like.

There are a few threads around discussing the pro's and cons of various models. Try a search of HRM and you should come across them.
    Good luck

Does the FT4 come with a chest strap?
  • addman72
    Options

Good luck

Yes
  • JJAdamstrom
    Options
    I LOVE MY Polar!!

Really User Friendly
  • deannarey13
    Options

Good luck

Yes, to all of your questions about the FT4. This would be what I would recommend getting. Very user friendly and it has all the information you need. I paid $89 for it, so it's reasonably priced in comparison to many out there too. My opinion - best bang for the buck.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Love my polar FT7, i refuse to workout without it. I love to see those calories burned numbers keep rising and rising and rising !!!!