Having trouble meeting my goal

Options
I have noticed that I have a really big problem actually meeting my daily caloric intake.
And I am not on the high side, i am always on the low side.
But I am just not hungry, and I don't want to put food in my body if im not hungry. I make sure that I drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday, but I am having a really hard time with the food part. And the days I exercise are even worse, because I have extra calories to consume. Most days my caloric intake is between about 800 and 1000 calories. I don't know how to add more calories to my diet, without eating things that arent good for me, like oreos and chips. I want to make sure I lose healthily, but i just don't eat very much or very often. Any suggestions? Should I just force myself to eat?

Replies

• littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I have a really big problem actually meeting my daily caloric intake.
    And I am not on the high side, i am always on the low side.
    But I am just not hungry, and I don't want to put food in my body if im not hungry. I make sure that I drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday, but I am having a really hard time with the food part. And the days I exercise are even worse, because I have extra calories to consume. Most days my caloric intake is between about 800 and 1000 calories. I don't know how to add more calories to my diet, without eating things that arent good for me, like oreos and chips. I want to make sure I lose healthily, but i just don't eat very much or very often. Any suggestions? Should I just force myself to eat?
  • jill
    jill Posts: 11
    Options
    Maybe try healthy but higher calorie foods...almonds or other nuts, avacado in a salad, a little bit of cheese for calcium. You don't need much of these foods to increase your calories. HTH.
  • littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks! I love avocadoes and cheese, so hopefully this will help me out :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to weigh your food? If not, you may be eating more than you think.

Also, oreos help me meet my fat macro. Don't label food as good, bad, healthy or unhealthy. Anything can be healthy within the context of a balanced diet.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Are you using a food scale to weigh your food? If not, you may be eating more than you think.

Also, oreos help me meet my fat macro. Don't label food as good, bad, healthy or unhealthy. Anything can be healthy within the context of a balanced diet.

Psst... it's a necro post. A beachbody scammer has been dredging up posts from 2007 all night.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Oops sorry.

No worries. Happens to all of us! Just wouldn't want people to spend too much time replying to someone who's not around anymore. :flowerforyou: