Hi All! I'm New Here!

Options
Hi Everyone! Just joined. Been going to the gym for nearly 10 years. Been taking a strengths-training class (involves cardio, strength training, diet, etc., etc. - you know the deal!) for about 2 years but have only lost about 12 pounds. My body fat has dropped to below 30, so that's good, but I can't seem to make any more progress. I've followed my trainer's suggestions (except I can't get my water in), and I've gotten stronger and lost some inches, but haven't made much progress since.

I was considering getting something you wear (are we allowed to mention them here?) but they cost too much. Then I found this and thought I'd give it a try. I know I need to record my calories in and out but just couldn't seem to do that on paper. Now, with this technology, I find it easier and more fun to do. Let's see if this works.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• Lazr1430
    Lazr1430 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have found this site to be extremely helpful and educational. Most importantly...log EVERYTHING you eat! Be consistent. Do it every day. You will soon find somethings that your portions are too large, some things that are waaaay more calories than you realized. Some foods are almost freebies. In a very short time you will make better choices, and the pounds will start to slip away. Not that I have been doing it that long, and I haven't lost an enormous amount of weight.. But... I am losing weight consistently and I can live this way! I haven't had to change my eating in any really radical way, just be more aware of the caloric price of my choices. Good luck! An optimistic attitude can take you a long way!
  • haylzturner
    Options
    Why can't you get your water in? Try adding a slice of lemon or lime? Cold water vs warm water?
  • HeyJuje
    HeyJuje Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement! I needed that!!
  • HeyJuje
    HeyJuje Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's funny. I like water and I drink alot in the summer, but just can't seem to get it in in the winter months. I also drink it alot after working out and at night (wrong time!), but warm months are coming and I'll be getting more!
  • wendyleffingwell
    Options
    To get my water in during the winter I drink it hot with lemon in it. Or you could try herbal tea.