Disappointed in Shakeology

Options
I finally got my samples of shakeology. First, I tired the chocolate one and thought it was okay, I was hungry about an hour later, but thought it might be because I didn't mix anything in it other than almond milk. Today, I tried the greenberry with orange juice and frozen mixed berries. I was hesitant to add orange juice because of the sugar, but I heard that made it taste better. Well... I felt like I had to force myself to finish it...yuck! After all that, I was hungry an hour later and starving two hours later!

I have two samples left...any suggestions on making it taste better and more filling? I refuse to pay $120/month for something that is supposed to be a meal replacement but leaves me hungry. :(

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I think real food will always keep one more full for a lot longer.

I haven't tried the Shakeology ones, but have used other Meal Replacment Drinks (EAS/Abbot). I like them, but same thing....hungry quickly after.

$120 per month buys some good healthy foods. Just my 2 cents
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    ever consider met-rx or muscle milk?
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    I second @drog2323...getting healthy is a lifestyle that you have to be able to live with. Healthy foods beat any shake, juice, etc. Make sure you are eating protein and good fats...in my experience that helps keep you full longer. Good Luck!
  • kristyyoung
    kristyyoung Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    $120 per month buys some good healthy foods. Just my 2 cents
    [/quote]

I agree! Thanks!
  • kristyyoung
    Options
    ever consider met-rx or muscle milk?

No. I'll have to look into that. Thanks!
  • kristyyoung
    Options
    I second @drog2323...getting healthy is a lifestyle that you have to be able to live with. Healthy foods beat any shake, juice, etc. Make sure you are eating protein and good fats...in my experience that helps keep you full longer. Good Luck!

I agree. I think I've done okay so far with eating healthy. I just have a hard time making myself eat breakfast. I thought the shakeology would be a good breakfast with all of the nutrients, etc. I've heard so many people say they can't live without it. I just don't see that happening for me. Hey, at least I tried it.
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options
    Can't help you on the greenberry since I've never had it, but I add 2T peanut butter, a cup of almond milk, and a cup of frozen strawberries to the chocolate shake. Fills me up for several hours. I don't really use it as a meal replacer on a daily basis, I save it for when I want something sweet or when I don't have time to make a full meal.
  • kristyyoung
    Options
    Can't help you on the greenberry since I've never had it, but I add 2T peanut butter, a cup of almond milk, and a cup of frozen strawberries to the chocolate shake. Fills me up for several hours. I don't really use it as a meal replacer on a daily basis, I save it for when I want something sweet or when I don't have time to make a full meal.

That sounds gooc! I will try that tomorrow! :happy:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan of the greenberry but I did like the taste of the chocolate. I only had one sample of each and I believe I added strawberries to the chocolate but I'm not really sure. It was tasty but I can't afford $120 either so I'll be sticking with my green smoothies. I add a scoop of whey protein (MRM Rich Vanilla) to spinach, unsweetened coconut milk, frozen fruit and sometimes a scoop of Amazing greens (if I haven't had it already that day). It is my after workout go to drink and I'm not sure I could live without it at this point! :)
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like the Balance Bars and Cliff bars for breakfast if I am in a hurry or Greek yogurt :)
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    foods high in fiber = greatest appetite suppressants. also foods high in water content like fruits and veggies.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    foods high in fiber = greatest appetite suppressants. also foods high in water content like fruits and veggies.

I agree 100%- this is why I pair fiber-rich carb sources, such as fruit, vegetables, whole grains. etc with a lean protein source such as chicken, beef or whey protein. Meal Replacement shakes can leave you feeling hungry, even if nutritionally speaking they have a decent balance of protein, carbs and nutrients. They also tend to be a lot more expensive per serving than standard whey protein as well.