thyroid problems

Options
Hey everyone. I've been MIA for a few months due to some health issues. Finally had to have my thyroid removed about 3 weeks ago. I have since gained 8 lbs. I'm really freaking out here. I have not changed my eating habits, but have however stopped excercising simply because I don't have the energy.
I have seen others here talk about thyroid issues and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I have read a few articles about it and have tried a few things, but continue to gain a steady 2 lbs per week. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hey everyone. I've been MIA for a few months due to some health issues. Finally had to have my thyroid removed about 3 weeks ago. I have since gained 8 lbs. I'm really freaking out here. I have not changed my eating habits, but have however stopped excercising simply because I don't have the energy.
    I have seen others here talk about thyroid issues and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I have read a few articles about it and have tried a few things, but continue to gain a steady 2 lbs per week. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I had my thryoid radiated 12 years ago and it took quite a while for the doctors to get my medication right. It is very hard to prescribe medication for people with absolutely no thryoid as the levels can vary from day to day. Don't get discouraged, it will take your body a while to adjust to the synthetic thryoid hormone but once it does your weight will stabilize. My suggestion for now while you are waiting for your thryoid hormone levels to come back to normal is to continue to log your food, exercise when you can (I know exactly how tired you are without any thryoid hormones), and don't worry about the weight gain, it is temporary and will go away.