Do you plan your meals out the night before?

Options
I'm considering planning out my meals for tomorrow, tonight. I think it feels like a relief to have it set in stone so I won't be wondering what I'm going to eat and then just start snacking. Then tomorrow I can modify any changes I make.
Has anybody else tried this? Did it work for you?

Replies

• get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Yes! I do that all the time... actually, this week I stepped it up a notch and planned out my entire week!
    Just do beware that sometimes things happen and you might not stay on track...
    But so far, it has worked WONDERS for me! :bigsmile:
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do this all of the time. I'm a working mom so I already have a good idea of what I'm making for dinner each day. I'm a little bit of a boring eater :) so I eat the same breakfast. I enter in what I *think* I will have for dinner and adjust my lunch and if I go over leave a little room to spare at dinner :)

Good luck!

Debbie
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I do. I use MFP as my shopping list.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i'm always thinking about food. When i go to bed at nite, i am already thinking about what i'm gonna have for break.
    I also carry a apple and a bag of 100 calorie snacks in my purse, for when things go off schedule, or grocery shopping. A hungry shopper is a fat shopper.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I grocery shop once a week so I have always planned meals in advance. I like to input my dinner calories the day before in MFP since it's my highest calorie meal. Then I work backwards so lunch and dinner keep me within my daily goal.
  • mommybear0922
    mommybear0922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've never done, this before, but it seems like a good idea! I think I'll try it too!
  • LizWolter
    LizWolter Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, I do too. It's actually something that I look forward to everday day--planning the next day's meal. Good Luck!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I do it every day. Each night before bed, I will enter the next day's meals... sometimes I'll even do a few days out. It's nice to know there's no 'guess work'. I've been doing similar things for my whole family for a while now. I will sit down and plan out dinners for the whole month and then base my grocery list off of that. It also eliminates a lot of the 'What are we having for dinner?' whining. Everybody gets input on what goes on the menu and if they ask I just tell them to go look at the calendar! lol Of course, it get a little off track once in a while, but I try to stick to it pretty solidly most of the time. :)
  • msciaobella
    msciaobella Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do. I use MFP as my shopping list.

haha that's a great idea!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes! i try to do a few days at a time, at least.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've planned my day (if not the whole week) ahead of time since I began doing this in January 2010. Otherwise I would be lost!!