fighting for my life

Options
Hello!
well about 6 weeks ago i had a pain in the chest! after many test no problems but i weighed in at 508 lbs. and im
42!
so i started a diet and my friend told me about this website after she saw a spreedsheat i made up.
i was counting everything and tracking my insulin!
ive been on this sight now for a week or so to try it out and i know love it!
this is so easy for me, i do wish they could add something for us to note down sugar lvls during
the day! S o far im on a 2000 cal a day diet. i feel really week and tired all the time and im not working right now
but im now down to 474. so im loosing fast,maybe to fast? my doctor is impressed but says i will need to slow it down
and i promised him when i hit 400 ill slow it down! lol
Well here starts my fight!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• kcanoni
    kcanoni Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Everyone here is awesome and so supportive. Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends to help you stay motivated!

Good luck!
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    Welcome!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It's a great help & you'll find wonderful support here. Feel free to add me if you like. I'm not sure about noting your sugar levels, but there is a comment section at the bottom of the food diary that you could possibly use it for that. Best of luck to you!
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on beginning your journey and welcome to MFP! I wish you the very best of luck on your fight!!
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is so much support here!! Add me if you like. I wish you lots of success!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!Love your attitude!!:smile:
  • VictoriaMae
    Options
    Kaotik I am so impressed with your enthusiasm for all of this! What a wonderful journey you are beginning here at MFP. We are all standing side by side with you ready to help you through it all!
  • fdgrafius
    fdgrafius Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am impressed! Not just with your endeavor, but with your willingness to fight publicly! Best of luck to you! I've been fighting for 5 months now, and feel better than I have in a decade! You can do it... one day at a time.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using this site for 3 weeks now and I love it! Very easy to follow since I decide what I want to eat. Best of luck to you and don't give up -- you can do it :smile:
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have found this site to be so helpful and the people so supportive. Congrats on starting to take control of your life. We are all here to lose weight and/or get healthy. I have a long way to go, but I am staying positive. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. Good luck on your journey.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Welcome!

When you're super heavy you'll find that you lose weight at a really rapid rate. At some point you'll level out and start to lose it more gradually. The key is to mix things up so you don't hit a plateau. Great job on the start, man!

Let me know if you need any help with anything :)
  • lilliemelissa
    lilliemelissa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i'm so glad you made the choice to fight rather than give up! i know its hard but one day at a time and you'll feel so much better! welcome, good luck, and god bless! :smile: feel free to add me as a friend
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations on making this step! I'm proud of you and I don't even know you :happy:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    We are so glad you have found this site. It is the best community of people, I love MFP and all the friends I've made here. I look forward to seeing more success from you, friend:) And if you need anything, feel free to ask! We are all here to help each other while we help ourselves:)
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WOW AND DOUBLE WOW! You have just done what most people do not have the fortitude to do. You have LITERALLY begun to save your own life! And from the standpoint of a mom with a 36 year old son, I can tell you that to the people who love you and worry about you, you have made yourself a hero to them. Your life from this point on will be much richer. And once again speaking as a mom.......I AM SO VERY VERY PROUD OF YOU!
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good for you for choosing to fight! I am fairly new here, but so far I really like it. It's easy to track everything, the tough part is controlling myself. I wish you all the best! Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, I'd love to help you on your fight! =).
  • vmt90509
    vmt90509 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congrats on deciding to change the way you eat! YOU are the ONLY ONE who can make that happen and the fact that you have started doing it is a HUGE step in the right direction! Congrats! that fact that you are losing so quickly mostly has to do with all of the excess you have on you so you will lose at a much faster rate in the beginning. Be careful though with to much too fast....it can lead to relapse. BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! STAY STRONG!
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :wink: Congratulations to you! You will find this site to be very supportive and inspiring. You have already seen some great success and should be very proud. I wish you all the best.
  • readerrabbit
    Options
    Good for you. You are being proactive. I've had diabetes for 8 years now. My current doctor recommended this site. I think when you write everything down you have a better handle on your life. Even when you mess up for a day, like I did today, you just need to press on forward. Every day is a new start.:wink: