New to this.. Do I have to consume all the calories?

Options
If I am counting calories, and I am only allowed let's say 1200.. Do I have to make at the end of the day I have had that many calories? Or if I am under let's say 200 is that ok?

Replies

• sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    why would you want to be under?
  • VictoriaMae
    Options
    Of course you can be under each day.... that is the goal! As long as you keep it reasonable, less is more. You must feed your body what it needs, but not much more. Good luck on your decision to be a healthier you!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    If your caloric goal is set at 1200 you really should eat all of them. Too few calories is just as bad as too many. However, going under or over every now and again osn't a big deal. Just as long as you don't make it a habit!

Out of all the posts and well-meaning people trying to explain eating calories and eating back exercise calories to me I didn't get it. It just didn't make sense until I read this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/206951-asked-my-trainer-re-eating-back-calories

I hope it helps you as much as it did for me. Good luck!
  • jharris9
    jharris9 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi there and welcome aboard.... On average I would say don't be below everyday or you can sabatage your weight loss. I don't think a couple times a week being below will hurt anything. Listen to your body and adjust accordingly. Jenn
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I've heard from multiple sources, including nutritionists, etc that you should NEVER go under 1200 calories.
    Now if you earn more thru exercise, let's say 1500 and you only eat 1400 I don't think that would as bad.
  • qbanyta
    qbanyta Posts: 9
    Options
    @ sprinkies I dont want to be under the calories.. I just wasn't sure that if it just so happened that I for whatever didn't eat all the calories if it was a bad thing or not...

@melzteach thank you I am going to read into that link you posted...

@everyone else thank you all for your responses.. They are very much appreciated.,