"If everyday was like today keeps saying" I would weigh 159

Options
MrsTWard
MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
"If everyday was like today keeps saying" I would weigh 159 in 5 weeks!!! Ok so what I am doing wrong because I am not loosing weight but I am not gaining weight either... thank God!! To all MFP who are seeing results can you tell me what I am doing wrong. I'm not sure if I'm at a plato and if Im not eating enough food. Thanks!

Replies

• Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Make your food diary open and give a little more info. You probably just need to change things up a bit though.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Open you food diary, so we can see what you are eating...
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Can't see what your eating to know for sure.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My 5 week prediction has been right on target for months now.

The only thing I do consistently is eat my goal calories. I rarely go over (and those days I only go over by less than 100), and I rarely eat less than recommended (again, I try to stay within 100+/- my goal for the day)

I eat different things, at different times. I exercise a lot one week and none at all another. I do a lot of different things that would probably throw a prediction off track, but MFP has been spot on (within 1 lbs) for every prediction.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    So the way it works is for every 3500 calories that is a deficit in your diet, you should lose 1 lb.

You may not have a calorie deficit in your diet which is why you are not losing weight. You may just be maintaining your weight with your current calorie intake.

I can't say for sure since I can't see what you are eating.
  • furfighter
    Options
    I know every body is different. For me it took just adding 15 minutes a day jogging and 15 minutes strength training.

When I started that, I dropped 3.4 pounds in one week. Just what I needed to inspire me to continue.

Good luck to you!
  • jleegirl
    jleegirl Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm curious about this too! Does anybody find they are losing at the rate MFP says? How accurate is that "If everyday was like today"???
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    are you accurately measuring your food? it's hard to 'eyeball' amounts if you're not used to doing it. if you're doing this you could be consuming more calories without realizing it.
  • kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this too! Does anybody find they are losing at the rate MFP says? How accurate is that "If everyday was like today"???

Mine is not always accurate. I tend to fluctuate my calories a bit more rather than try to acheive the perfect number. I find it works better for me for both weight loss and my lifestyle. So if I have a day where I am under calories, it tells me I'll drop a bucket load of weight, but if I'm over it tells me I'll maintain or maybe only drop a couple of pounds over the next 5 weeks. However, overall I am losing at the 1 1/2 pounds per week that MFP has me set for.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    "If everyday....." is pretty accurate IF:

1) you give it the 5 weeks - our bodies aren't machines and don't always lose what they "should" when they "should"
    2) Everyday really is the same. Even one cheat day a week will throw off the calculation
    3) You are being completely accurate when logging - no other bites or tastes that could add up. You really are weighing and measuring everything, etc.

I see you've only been a member since March - was it the beginning of March or the end of March? My body took three weeks this time before it lost an oz - just had to get used to my new (again) eating habits.
  • Jalcine
    Jalcine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs, up protein.
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Whole grains, lots of fruits, veggies and BEANS! I swear beans are wonder foods! I've been told to not have carbs for dinner...it's working for me...and my projected 5 week weighs are pretty close to right!