TODAY IS THE DAY! I stood up and said no more excuses!!! re

Options
lexy83
lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
well today I was about to have 2 Burgers from BK and it was heated on my plate with a large onion ring..... suddenly I looked at the food and told myself "I will no longer tell myself, Tomorrow I will start my diet".... I GRABBED THE PLATE AND TOSSED IN THE GARBAGE!!! it felf great! this is the first time I really felt disgusted... I know from here I can move forward!

Replies

• GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sharing that! That was your "rock-bottom" and it can only get better from here! :) Take it one day at a time and move forward each and every day! MFP is a great place to be.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! It's so exhilarating to start your new life! Start right now, make better choices and get out there and MOVE!!! We're behind ya!
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking a stand! It sucks to keep putting yourself off!!! Very proud of you.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Haha! That's awesome :D Great job for being able to toss that in the garbage! :) Works wonders when you can start NOW and not later!
  • mandycox1301
    Options
    Wow, that takes some serious strength!! If I decide to have a "high calorie" dinner (I was told not to call it cheating) I try to eat half and discard the other but it never works!! Great great job!!! You are gonna do great!
  • rohdemailbox
    Options
    We are all in it together. Two weeks ago I started a weight loss problem for tthe 200 millionth time. I feel the same way,
    NO MORE RESTARTS, THIS IS IT.

When I start to get hungry I am forcing myself to look for BETTER food alternatives. I know it'll take some getting used to but this is my time to get healthy. I want to feel, look and be better. I am going to post any suggestions for better food alternative choices as I come across them. I hope you will share yours too.

If everyone works together we will all make it to the finish line. Go for it, and if you stumble, get right back at it again.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Good stinkin' job!!! :) It takes a lot o' guts to stand up for ourselves... and you did it!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about!! That means you really want this and you proved it by throwing out that food! Good for you!
  • rohdemailbox
    Options
    QUICK TIP, The excercising really helps ALOT. Even just walking 1/2 hour per day will knock off 250 calories from your day's intake. Make it a brisk walk.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    What a victory for you today!!! Woot, Woot!!!! Great work!! Welcome to the site. You'll find lots of great motivation and accountability here!
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    AWESOME milestone reached. You just climbed your first hill and conquered it! Nice job! Feel free to add me if you need a support system, I will do what I can to help!
  • Kathy11174
    Options
    Good for you, great way to take charge of your life!!

Your next step will be to take charge of exercising too! I did that a week ago and feel fantastic!

Keep up the good work and add lots of people to help encourage you to stick with it, all the "Wtg" "good job" "congrats" are just the little pick me ups that you will look forward to each day!!
  • lexy83
    lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun! I really love the support on here... its great that I am not alone! feel free to add me!