Bean sprouts

monkeefun
monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Quick question! Who here uses bean sprouts? And if you do, how do you prepare them? I've had them in restaurant food and always loved them. So when I saw them in the store a few days ago I snapped up the last bag. Got home and realized I have NO CLUE what to do with them! Especially since I'm new to the whole cooking thing, I am clueless (newly married AND on a fitness kick - it's always been frozen pizza and Banquet frozen meals before!). Anyone have any suggestions or ideas for me?

Replies

• mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 100 Member
    whenever i've had bean sprouts... at Flat Top Grill, a build your own stir-fry place.. & Jimmy Johns, a sub shop... i would eat them steamed or just heated up.. on a sub they were just raw if i'm not mistaken.. I LOVE THEM!!!
  • stir fry, but i like them out of the bag...i dont know why..its kinda of strange,
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    You can use them in a stir fry! They taste great! Many Chinese recipes use bean sprouts.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    You can give them a quick stir fry in some sesame oil, or if you want to add then to a stir fry, wait until the end, you don't want to cook them too much. They are also good a a salad with asian dressing and whatever else you might want to add. I like them in soup too. I make a broth soup with some grated carrot, onions, thin sliced mushrooms, ginger, garlic, then I throw some in and if you want to make a real meal out of it, you can drop a scrambled egg into it, very satisfying! Mmmm, now I'm hungry!
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    I like them in my salad
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    you can eat them raw if you like. I love them in a stirfry. just make sure you only toss them in for the last minute of cooking, or they can get limp...
This discussion has been closed.