For Texans: Has Anyone Tried MyFitFoods?

Options
tssa
tssa Posts: 93 Member
A few weeks ago, I tried MyFitFoods. It's a pre-prepared food service specializing in healthy, low and/or healthy carb, portion-controlled meals . The food is made daily and you can drop in a pick up your meals because they have large refrigerators.

They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. To my surprise, the food was awesome AND low in calories.

Anybody tried this yet?

Replies

• peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You lucky duck to have this near you! My son lives in Houston. The next time we visit I might have to check this out.
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it.

I'm in New Braunfels (20 min north of San Antonio)

Is it something online or you go by and pick up kind of thing?

Interesting.
  • april_kelley
    april_kelley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in Fort Worth area and I cant wait to check into it!!! Thanks for letting me know!!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    There is a MelsMeals here in Austin. They have pretty much the exact same thing, - 21day plans for Breakfast Lunch Dinner and 2 snacks - Ranges anywhere from $450-$800 per 21days. And you can choose what you want to eat. They will deliver it to you, or you can pick it up.

I've looked into it, but I'm not sure if it's worth an extra $200 in groceries every month :)
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @peepocheck - The store originated from Houston. I believe there's like 5 stores there now. You should definitely check it out.

@sheilamo - Ha! I'm here in SanAntonio. They have one store on Stone Oak Pkwy & Huebner and another one in the Quarry in the plaza where the Gap is, it's next door to Chipolte.

There's NO set meal plan deal like Nutri-System. You buy only the meals and/or snacks you want. Personally, I hate having to cook dinner when I get home. So, I'm going to get a weeks worth of their dinner meals. At the Stone Oak Store, the manager there is John. He's such a sweetheart and the first day I went he explained exactly how their food differs from regularly processed food. Plus, it all prepared there in the kitchen in the back. The great thing about their dinners is that they are all low carb, which prepares your body for shut down (sleep). Overall, the use all types of herbs and spices instead salt to season their foods. They can by a little on the spicy side, but I'm a complete weenie when it comes down to real spicy foods, but I can eat their meals fine.

As far as prices are concerned, a whole weeks worth of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks can be a bit pricy. Right now, I 'm doing just the dinners and a few snacks. The site has a menu complete with price as well as an online order form so you can get an idea of how much you would spend for your visit.

It's really worth a check-out.

Site: www.myfitfoods.com
  • drowningsea
    Options
    I've been considering trying it, good to hear a positive review