Crystal Light

Options
I know someone else has already asked this question. So please dong get all bent out of shape for seeing it posted yet again.
Does drinking crystal light count the same as drinking water? ( since it is about 99.4% water)

Replies

• lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time and count it as water. It does have 5 calories per serving though, so be sure to count it if you are drinking it 8 times a day or more!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I should or not, but I do count it as water. I use one packet (two 5 cal servings) in a vitamin water bottle (20 oz) and count each bottle as two drinks of water.
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    I think I would count it as your daily water intake, but make sure to log in the calories. If I were you, I would probably make sure that at least half of the water I drink is only water... but the flavor helps. I'm a fan of the pink lemonade. :)
  • clemsongirl1982
    Options
    I use it all the time too. Again just don't forget to count the calories. 1 of the on the go packets to mix in 16.9oz. of water is a total of 10 calories, not 5 like the front of the box.
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    I do. I use 1 pkg for a 24oz bottle since they seem a bit strong to me for a 16-20oz bottle. I log it as water but make sure to include the mix in my log as well since it does have calories in it. :)
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Count it as water BUT make sure you count the calories too! Totally believe this is personal preference - my trainer even uses it! So go for it - if it helps get the water down! I generally ONLY drink water during workouts though!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    in weight watchers, years ago, they taught us that you could count any non caffinated, calorie free drink for up to half of your daily water intake. They are almost calorie free, so i say it counts
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Crystal Light contains ASPARTAME, which is a Hormone disruptor .. I would NOT Touch the stuff if your looking to lose weight :-)
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I count it towards my water totals too. However I've switched to the propel packets which have two 10 calorie servings and more importantly no aspartame.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I double the water it calls for, to make it extremely watered down, but yes I count my Crystal Lite as my water :)