New Here - Looks Like a Great Place

Options
Hi, my name is Cait and I am new to myfitnesspal. I am 24 years old and live in Ontario, Canada. Currently, I would like to lose about 60lbs so I can be my ideal weight of 125-130lbs again. I am a stay at home mom of three wonderful children aged 6.5 yrs, 4 yrs and 2 yrs. My kids are my life. I admit that it has been much easier to eat a few cookies here or there or maybe a slice of cake then to make meals for myself. In all honesty, most days, I would simply "snack" on junk all day.

I started counting calories on March 31st and seem to be going up and down with my weight. I guess weighing myself daily is NOT a good idea. Another calorie counting site recommended that I don't go any lower then 1300 calories per day. That is what I have been doing and so far, so good. However I see that on myfitnesspal I am to eat 1200 or less per day to lost 1.9lbs per week. Trying to convince my family that this is "healthy" will be hard since they currently feel I am insane for going froma bout 2200 calories a day to almost half that amount. lol.

Any ways - it's great to be here. Support is some thing I REALLY need to stay on track. Baking has been a big part of my life. Always has been, from the time I was 11 years old and my Nana starting teaching me. I have baked for weddings and school events and almost weekly for the guys at my fiance's work place. Although I give 3/4 of the baking away, I still end up eating a small portion of it. I am a strong person, but "sweets" are my weakness.

I plan to exercise three times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes each time. I also seem to be "on the go" quite often, with taking my kids to sports a few times a week, cleaning, laundry and soon gardening. I also show/breed Persians and Himalayans so have my hands full there as well. I can't wait until the weather is nicer though as I do plan to be outside quite a bit. Atleast that will keep my from my other addiction (the computer!).

I believe that I have started off pretty good with my eating plan. Although it seems that mid afternoon/evening I become quite hungry. So the evening is when I normally eat the most food. I know that this is not a good thing, as I have been told that eating after 6pm (no matter what it is) isn't a good thing. Guess I have to work on this.

Any tips, recipes or even just some stories of encouragement would be fantastic. I'd love to meet new people and possibly make some friends. I do believe that a good support system is the KEY to sticking to our weight loss goals. Atleast for me any ways. lol.

Can't wait to get to know you all!
Cait

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    My sister's name is Cait :) feel free to add me for support if you like!
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    good luck. this site will help you hit your ideal weight in no time. just keep up with your diet and try to get exercise (diet is the most important thing though) and you'll see results.
  • Ambeee11
    Ambeee11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Cait! Welcome!
    I hope you find MFP as usefull and inspriring as me!
    Its so much better than playing the guessing game on your own and there are some really inspirational people on here!

Good Luck!
  • cait1986
    cait1986 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I will be working hard to lose these extra pounds - lol. I think having a great support system like this will make it much easier.

Have a wonderful day every one!
    Cait