How do I figure calories burned???

Options
I have the Biggest Loser Boot camp DVD with levels 1, 2. and 3. I don't see this on the exercise list. How do I figure how many calories I burned? I thought of using the 'aerobics' but don't want to overestimate the amount of calories I burn. I know a lot of you do the 30 Day Shred....again, how are the calories burned calculated? I want to give myself credit for working hard! Thanks a ton!

Replies

• JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I do The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout...

...and I NEVER know how to estimate it.

I just try my best. If I've really given it all I've got, and I'm about to die, and I've put forth a ton of effort, I try to calculate it as high intensity aerobic. I don't know. Most people seem to wearing some sort of heart rate monitor that calculates calories burned. It's definitely a shot in the dark though!
  • cydiro08
    cydiro08 Posts: 3
    Options
    We all burn differently based on what we weigh now, etc. This tool has helped me a ton as it gives you different types of workouts and the burn you get from each of them. Just pick which is most like your workout. http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor is the ONLY way to go. Just started using mine today after 2 1/2 years in the gym with disappointing results. Highest calories burned to date first time out with the HRM.
  • susyj
    susyj Posts: 28
    Options
    I will check it out. Much thanks for the tip!!!
    :smile:
  • susyj
    susyj Posts: 28
    Options
    Funny story...I actually have one in a box that I have never opened before this last weekend....it's so old, the battery is dead. :) Off to find a battery and will put it to good use....finally! Thanks again!
  • sirphilipe
    sirphilipe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor is the ONLY way to go. Just started using mine today after 2 1/2 years in the gym with disappointing results. Highest calories burned to date first time out with the HRM.

Agree. Pick up a HRM and you will never go back. So times I kick the MFP official count's butt. Other times I am no-way near it. with a HRM I am being accurate.
  • Brittney24
    Brittney24 Posts: 105
    Options
    The HRM calculates calories as well as heart rate? Or do you have to calculate it after according to max heart rate etc?f