Looking for green smoothie ideas

Options
Peep_chic
Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
Sometimes I like to substitute my breakfast with a green smoothie. Don't have many recipes that I like. Know of a good one?

Replies

• susyj
    susyj Posts: 28
    Options
    Every morning I make one.......I use 1 medium banana, 2 cups spinach (or a handful of kale), 1 TBSP flax seed (freshly ground in a coffe grinder), 1/2 apple (or 1/2 cup frozen berries); Add as much water as you need to make it the consistency you like. I sometimes add a scoop of protein powder as well. DELICIOUS!!
  • tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I have a cook book called the Smoothie Bible. It is great and has a bunch of green smoothie recipies.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Every morning I make one.......I use 1 medium banana, 2 cups spinach (or a handful of kale), 1 TBSP flax seed (freshly ground in a coffe grinder), 1/2 apple (or 1/2 cup frozen berries); Add as much water as you need to make it the consistency you like. I sometimes add a scoop of protein powder as well. DELICIOUS!!

so making this tomorrow,I conveniently have all those ingredients on hand right now.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Is grinding the flaxseed much different from buying it ground already?
  • susyj
    susyj Posts: 28
    Options
    I am not sure about grinding fresh vs. preground. Just know that it has to be ground or you don't digest it. It takes literally 20 seconds to do it, so I just do it fresh everyday.