Semi-New on here :)

rubylou15
rubylou15 Posts: 11
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hey Guys,

Well Ive been using this for about a week and a half,....i love it. I just hope I can actually stick to this, and try to change "my past ways" lol Im only 22 and my mother keeps telling me that I need to lose weight...but its hard,..im surrounded by MEXICAN FOOD all the time!!!! lol on a positive note ive lost 3 pounds :)

Replies

• Oh man...I feel your pain. I love mexican food, and would have trouble not being big as a house if it was around all the time. The calorie log on here is awesome though, and will help you know what you're doing and/or need to do with the diet.The trick is sticking to it. That's where the motivators on here come into play.....very encouraging. Good luck with your journey!!!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Losing weight IS hard. Eff those skinny beeeetches that don't have to try, lol... Welcome and good luck :-)
  • daveshoneybun
    daveshoneybun Posts: 76 Member
    Hello, welcome to MFP. I;ve only been on here for 2 weeks and i love this site, It makes you see what you are eating and how much exercise your getting. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rubylou15
    rubylou15 Posts: 11
    Thanks guys!!!!!

Yeah its hard to say "no" to my mom when she offers tortillas and/or tamales :( and then if you dont get seconds they think that you didnt like their food......theres just no way around it lol but i do agree that the calorie log helps you keep track.......oh i need friends add me im gona need all the encouragement their is!!!!!
  • I'm from the S. E. side of Houston (Pasadena, Sagemont, Deer Park), and am a huge fan of tex mex. The only thing I eat a lot of right now though is jalapenos. They are great in an omlet with ham and cheese......just a little cheese. That and a big glass of milk makes for a good meal anytime. Maybe you should get your mom doing her calories. Then she might say no to seconds too.lol
This discussion has been closed.