fine..i triple dog dare you!

Options
to be my friend! ;p

Hello Everyone!
I cant say this is my first time using MFP but this is the first time im really motivated about losing weight and being healthy and fit! So i need people ("friends") to keep me motivated in my journey! I have also started a blog so please feel free to follow and comment all you like :)
>http://simplylava.blogspot.com/ (you dont need to be a user) I have already lost 35 pounds since November 2010 but just recently hit a wall and gained 6 pounds! :/ So lets help each other in this journey! good luck to you all! :)

Starting Weight: 186 pounds

MY GOALS:
-160 by May 8, 2011 (Mothers Day)
-135 by June 5, 2011 (Parents Anniversary)

Yes, im getting my parents involved in this because they have always been there for me all my life..through EVERYTHING! and they've always tried helping me with my weight...especially my mom but i never listened so this is my way of saying thank you! :)

p.s.
I NEED FRIENDS/FOLLOWERS! :happy:

Replies

• simplylava
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile - feel free to add me if you would like. I love friends!
  • simplylava
    Options
    hurry! my profile will be viewable for the next few minutes so you can get a feel of what im about :bigsmile:
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Am I seeing that right..you want to lose 50 pounds in 2 months?
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be your friend, but isn't 50 lbs in two months kind of a dangerous weight loss? Especially when you're starting off under 200.
  • simplylava
    Options
    YES! that is my goal.. and i like a challenge! it makes me work harder :)
  • simplylava
    Options
    ive lost 35 in two months and i didnt even try hard. and that was in a medically supervised program through sharp.
  • rblauvelt7
    Options
    That's a deficit of over 2800 calories a day. Meaning you would need to burn 4000 a day if you plan on still eating.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I'd be glad to be your friend and help support you, but 50 lbs in 2 months is not very healthy. That's 5.5 lbs a week! Good luck with it though, and feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I log in at least once a day usually more often. Good luck!
  • simplylava
    Options
    @rblauvelt7 what equation are you using? or what are your sources?

everyone else....
    50 pounds might sound too extreme! but that is my GOAL! if i dont reach it itll be ok because id most likely lose 30+ pounds. i believe i can do it! :smile:
  • rblauvelt7
    Options
    A pound is 3500 calories. So 3500*50=175,000 175,000/62=2822.6 calorie deficit per day. Assuming you eat at least 1200 calories per day, that means you'll have to burn 4022.6 per day.