Zumba is amazing

BombolinaM
BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I went to my first Zumba class tonight. It was so fun. I can't wait to go back on Wednesday. Can somebody please let me know how to track it? I tried to search Zumba but didn't see anything.

Replies

• MJKC9397
    MJKC9397 Posts: 15
    Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist is what I have been counting it as...but I don't know how accurate that is...
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    I agree with MJKC9397, I track it by the 'dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist'

It's so much fun.. and funny too!:laugh:
  • Jilly416
    Jilly416 Posts: 2
    I track it as Aerobics High Impact
  • CBRITO
    CBRITO Posts: 11
    I HAVE ADDED IN ZUMBA AS AN EXERCISE, AND ASKED THE INSTRUCTOR, HOW MUCH WE ROUGHLY BURN... AROUND 650 CALORIES... IN 60MIN NON STOP FUN ZUMMMMBBBAAAA!!!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 333 Member
    Unless you have a HRM, there is no accurate way to figure up how many calories you burn. Everyone burns differently when Zumbaing. That's why MFP hasn't got it in their exercise list. I read online before that the average 145 person burns between 500 -1000 calories an hour. I weigh like 134, so when I added Zumba to my exercises, I just put that I burn like 400 calories an hour while doing it. I know that that isn't accurate but since I don't have a HRM, I figured it would be better for me to under guess than over guess. But, your best bet is to get a HRM. I plan on getting one soon myself. :smile:
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    so I'm fairly out of shape. I'd like to try zumba...what are the chances I could keep up? I also have a hard time telling my left from my right. How fast is it and will I ever catch on?
    I was thinking of a zumba DVD to try it out privately first.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    I love Zumba , we do ours on the Wii!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Love zumba!!! My sister & I go almost every week & have a blast. I have a HRM & burn anywhere from 400 to almost 700 calories in an hour. All depends on the instructor, songs & if I have to pee or not...hehe...harder to jump around when ya gotta go ;)
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    so true!!!! :)
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    im still trying to find classes!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Zumba = LOVE

the most accurate way to figure out how much you burn is get a HRM.
    i invested in one, and it was the best thing i ever did.
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    I went to my first Zumba class tonight. It was so fun. I can't wait to go back on Wednesday. Can somebody please let me know how to track it? I tried to search Zumba but didn't see anything.

Where do you take Zumba classes at?
  • BombolinaM

Where do you take Zumba classes at?

I take the class at my local gym. We also have Zumba for Xbox kinnect.
  • BombolinaM
    Thank you all for the info. I am going to add it as dancing. I have never really worked out..But I did my 2nd class tonight and I love it. I am still trying to figure out the moves.. Plus you have so much fun the hour goes by so fast!
This discussion has been closed.