weight lifting

Options
blakejohn
blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
I just want to rant a little I see people in the gym busting out reps in lighting speed a specialty on the abductor machice, When i train people I always have to tell them to slow down 5 to 8 seconds should be the count and on the abductors muscles should be a 10 second count this muscle group likes fast movement.
slow and controled will produce better results.
thanks for letting me rank

good luck and train hard

John

Replies

• gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    cool story bro
  • iamnox
    iamnox Posts: 39
    Options
    Thank you I will use this
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I never use the abductor machines, but most I believe most lifts should be done with slow, proper form. Especially the negatives. I've seen greater results with less weight, using a slow count, than I ever saw with explosive movements.
  • bluk30
    bluk30 Posts: 37
    Options
    I don't mean to be a ****, but there are quite a few supportive muscle groups that are only activated during ballistic movements. The adductors, abductors, side and rear delts, teres, brachialis, vastus medialis, serratus, illiopsoas, hamstrings, and calves all respond very well to ballistic movements (think throwing and jumping muscles).

Just about all of my side and rear delt size was developed using heavy wide grip high pulls. I agree though, those adductor machines are goofy regardless of the speed used. lol
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be a ****, but there are quite a few supportive muscle groups that are only activated during ballistic movements. The adductors, abductors, side and rear delts, teres, brachialis, vastus medialis, serratus, illiopsoas, hamstrings, and calves all respond very well to ballistic movements (think throwing and jumping muscles).

Just about all of my side and rear delt size was developed using heavy wide grip high pulls. I agree though, those adductor machines are goofy regardless of the speed used. lol

Yes, on both counts :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

I agree, there are lifts that should be done explosively; Snatches, power cleans, deadlifts, squats, and a few others require an explosive lift, but on some, like a pull up, the lift should be explosive, but the negative, should be slow for full muscular development.